What did your mom do while you grew up? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:11:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What did your mom do while you grew up? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What did your mom do while you grew up?
d-She worked

d-She cleaned the house

r-She worked

r-She cleaned the house

i-She worked

i-She cleaned the house

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: What did your mom do while you grew up?  (Read 4441 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: November 18, 2005, 01:38:21 PM »

D- Both
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 01:45:02 PM »

MissCatholic, I think relationship abuse is a two way street.  Yes, I think there are a lot of domineering prick men who need to grow up, but there are women who treat their men like sh**t as well.  There are women who sit on their asses and expect men to provide for them and pamper them while they watch soaps all day.  Trust me, I have met a lot of sh**t women in the dating world.  Granted, I find women easier than men when it comes to weight, etc., but horrible on other things such as whether a guy lives with his parents, has a nice car, good job, etc.  

Don't take this as anti-feminist, but realize there are assholes all around.  
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 11:56:07 PM »

MissCatholic, I think relationship abuse is a two way street.  Yes, I think there are a lot of domineering prick men who need to grow up, but there are women who treat their men like sh**t as well.  There are women who sit on their asses and expect men to provide for them and pamper them while they watch soaps all day.  Trust me, I have met a lot of sh**t women in the dating world.  Granted, I find women easier than men when it comes to weight, etc., but horrible on other things such as whether a guy lives with his parents, has a nice car, good job, etc.  

Don't take this as anti-feminist, but realize there are assholes all around.  

Flyers, you're completely right.  But somehow, I don't see "Miss"Catholic being swayed by logic.  "She" is just looking to spew out her usual nonsense with her usual 3rd grade reasoning ability.

And why would it be "anti-feminist" to say that not all men are assholes, and all women perfect?  Actually, now that I think of it, that is the feminist philosophy in a nutshell, so I guess to deny it really is anti-feminist. Tongue  I guess I can't see why you'd see anything wrong with being anti-feminist when that is how feminism is defined.

I listen to reason and follow it surprise surprise!  Feminism is a tough issue for me to grapple with and it goes way beyond the pro-choice arguments.  I don't hate women, but I'm finding a lot of assholes out there in the dating scene.  "She" makes it seem like men are all domineering asses that like to use women and force them to be barefoot and in the kitchen, which is quite far from the truth with me.  Hell, I wouldn't mind a nice sugar mama that made more than me! Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 01:06:13 PM »

I listen to reason and follow it surprise surprise!  Feminism is a tough issue for me to grapple with and it goes way beyond the pro-choice arguments.  I don't hate women, but I'm finding a lot of assholes out there in the dating scene.  "She" makes it seem like men are all domineering asses that like to use women and force them to be barefoot and in the kitchen, which is quite far from the truth with me.  Hell, I wouldn't mind a nice sugar mama that made more than me! Smiley

What you need to realize Flyers is that you won't forestall the contempt of rabid feminist women by agreeing with them on their issues.  That only makes them more contemptuous.  Real feminists who hold the views are represented by "Miss"Catholic don't like men.  Period.  If you have a c&^k and b&^ls, you're evil, so there's no point in trying to please these types of people.

We should all believe what we think is right.  I believe in equality for women, but I would never accept the label of feminist.

I know many pro-choice, pro-equal rights women who don't hold contempt for men, but there are a few that do.  I think I remember saying I was at a YDA Conference and women from Bryn Mawr College showed up.  Out of about 20 women only 3 were interested in talking to men there and they were the only ones that tried to look attractive.  The rest wore beat up army surplus clothing, moustaches, or pit hair.  I can't stand feminists that hate men because hell I am a man.  I also realize that not all feminists hate men.  I'm going to have to disagree with you on the fact that taking some of their positions makes them more contemptuous.  However, the more militant ones are not helping their cause and should be less anti-man.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies