Which city do you prefer for the DNC 2016 Convention?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:15:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which city do you prefer for the DNC 2016 Convention?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which city do you prefer for the DNC 2016 Convention?
Columbus

Philadelphia

New York City

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Which city do you prefer for the DNC 2016 Convention?  (Read 3073 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 07:39:01 AM »

Accepting, for sake of argument, the notion that holding the convention in a state helps the party win that state, Pennsylvania is much more important for Dems to hold than Ohio.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 10:02:19 AM »

Yeah I suppose that's a pretty good reason; but my argument would go something like this, with the GOP in Cleveland already and Democrats in Columbus; can't see any positives for either party as a result, if it turns out that Columbus gets the nod, but I can't see it happening, not if Kasich considers running for Prez or Portman ends up on Jeb Bush's ticket -Portman has one thing going for him, like California, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, North Carolina, Texas and Wisconsin, there is an "LBJ" Law, which allows for dual mandates in effect. Portman will probably make the V.P. slot on any GOP ticket; so the Democrats so called Columbus gambit is a long-shot, I might be wrong of course, but I have strong doubts.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies