Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:45:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 348303 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 02, 2021, 07:00:59 PM »

As more votes come in for Loudoun  the gap seems to be getting smaller.

Well, yes. Let's not forget folks that Virginia has yet looks that Virginia has as strong a trend in history as imaginable of any state in terms of the Republican vote coming in 1st and democratic vote trailing in afterwards. I'm still not happy with the numbers I'm seeing, But it's too early to break out the razor blades
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 07:02:48 PM »

McAuliffe has appeared to have narrowly won Sussex. Biden+12 county.

This is all the county vote in though? If so, this is really bad news
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 07:07:27 PM »

Jaichind with these various county GOP gains numbers you are posting, I assume you are comparing from 2017, not from 2020?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 07:20:27 PM »

Hopefully this will teach Democrats from ever spouting about CRT again.

Republicans are literally the only ones I ever hear talk about it.

Right. I have not heard one Democrat talk about critical race theory unless it is to say that it isn't being taught in K-12 schools. The lies that Republicans tell.

Republicans winning elections by running against a policy that doesn't even exist really sums up the massive societal problems that America is facing right now.

Then you won't mind when Youngkin bans it on Day 1?

But if you ban it how are you going to run on it again?

"He kept DC liberals from forcing it on our school districts"

The ads write themselves
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 07:33:45 PM »

Blame the Democrats who nominated a Clinton has been. This is about the failures of third way neolib politics.

Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin of the Republican lite wing. Swingy suburban voters are never going to be the base of the supposedly left wing party. Ever.

So we should have run a birdie Sanders clone? Please. The answering meal liberal is an exactly a cure all for the Democratic Party's party's ills. If Terry McCullough had run at least as good a campaign as he did 8 years ago, he might have had a shot here.

Addressing the issue  Constructively now, I have to admit I'm a little surprised as I was under the impression that, republicans notwithstanding of course, that McCullough had left office reasonably well reasonably well liked and popular.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 11:49:39 PM »

Regardless of what the margin ends up being, the fact that Republicans were able to improve upon the GOP baseline here by running against teaching Toni Morrison books is really all that any of us needs to know.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 11:54:43 PM »

Glenn Youngkin is the last kind of Republican candidate I'd expect to over perform with hispanics - he's basically got that Mitt Romney asthetic.  You need a strongman like Trump to fire up the low info hispanics, not a guy who looks like his mom just knitted him his fleece.  He didn't project strength.

youngkin was basically the perfect fit for college whites in va and he still lost them according to exit polls

i mean, sweet jesus, who does the gop have to nominate to win back these voters?

To go a verse further in my own signature -

Now you intellectuals may not like it
But there ain't nothin' that you can do
'Cause there's a whole lot more of us
Common folks then there ever will be of you

The GOP made a great trade to get real and dependable Americans instead of a slim majority of a smaller group of entitled people who think they are superior people because they paid for a piece of paper to say so.

I LOVE THE POORLY EDUCATED!

Like attracts like.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 04:55:02 PM »

Honestly….how did Romney only lose loudoun by 4

100,000 new residents or about 25 percent population growth in 10 years. Primarily Hispanics and Asians.

Youngkin did really well with Hispanics tho

Any exit poll claiming Youngkin got above 40 percent with Hispanics is BS. Instead of relying on exit polls we have actual data from majority hispanic areas in NOVA showing around 35-38 Youngkin. Anyway Because Romney only lost Loudoun by four any demographics that is more than 52-48 D will be a net loss for republicans there and contribute to a growing democratic victory margain in Loudoun.

Data shows more than 40% with Hispanics

Is what "data" are you referencing thing beyond the aforementioned is exit polls and, arguably more accurate, precinct results?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 04:57:57 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2021, 05:12:14 PM by Badger »

If and so the sh**t show already begins…

Hey look! The so called pro local government party seeks to vacate local government control whenever it acts contrary to that If party's positions, episode number 9312

EDIT: Let's see how often I have to repost this in the next four years:

He's going to be a God-awful governor.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2021, 04:59:12 PM »

https://fredericksburg.com/news/va_md_dc/former-gop-state-delegate-wants-republicans-to-write-in-her/article_73732484-46a2-5e85-b94e-0ceac963a9bf.html
“The Republican Party never saluted the Confederate flag, did not fight under the Confederate flag ... and he is our candidate, our nominee?” she said. “He does not represent the party of Lincoln. ... He is not a true Republican.”

Didn't know this about Sears.

So Confederate statues are definitely not coming back.

Good on her for doing that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2021, 05:01:16 PM »

100,000 new residents or about 25 percent population growth in 10 years. Primarily Hispanics and Asians.

Any exit poll claiming Youngkin got above 40 percent with Hispanics is BS. Instead of relying on exit polls we have actual data from majority hispanic areas in NOVA showing around 35-38 Youngkin. Anyway Because Romney only lost Loudoun by four any demographics that is more than 52-48 D will be a net loss for republicans there and contribute to a growing democratic victory margain in Loudoun.

Is what "data" are you referencing thing beyond the aforementioned is exit polls and, arguably more accurate, precinct results?
Wouldn’t you agree that the CNN and fox exit polls were both wrong. There’s no way looking at precinct data that Youngkin did worse than Trump with this group. 55% GOP? Still probably sus

I'm sorry, but I still have no idea what you're basing your data on data on.  Exit polls, but only particular ones?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2021, 11:31:20 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2021, 11:37:48 AM by Badger »

Wouldn’t you agree that the CNN and fox exit polls were both wrong. There’s no way looking at precinct data that Youngkin did worse than Trump with this group. 55% GOP? Still probably sus

I'm sorry, but I still have no idea what you're basing your data on data on.  Exit polls, but only particular ones?
Precinct data that show shifts towards the GOP. Why don’t democrats stop being in denial about the obvious Hispanics shifts towards republicans? Catholics didn’t stay with democrats forever just like Hispanics won’t either..

OK, yet again, your hypothesis is muddled. As pointed out, precinct data did not show much of a shift of hispanics or at least no greater than voters at large, possibly somewhat less IRC.Is it is still after multiple posts not clear what data you are relying on to stateIs about "obvious" Hispanic shifts any greater than the overall electorate shift

These posts are starting to Is sound a bit more like a political polymic rather than data analysis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies