Do Dems get a "working majority"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:58:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Do Dems get a "working majority"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do Dems finish with.....
Over 51.5 Senate seats?

Under 51.5 Senate seats?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Do Dems get a "working majority"?  (Read 1647 times)
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« on: October 26, 2020, 01:49:17 PM »

Manchin and Sinema aren’t casting the deciding vote against the Democrats OR persuading the Senate Democratic leadership to abandon any legislation. A 50/50 Senate under a Biden presidency is a working majority.

It honestly baffles me how easily people get conned by Manchin and Sinema even after everything they’ve done since 2019.

Also, I suspect Greenfield will be Manchin/Sinema democrat.

You’re actually right, just not in the way you intended to be.

It is much easier to vote no on everything put forward by Republicans than spend political capital on reforms one's backers don't support. This is even truer for Democrats than it was for Republicans who were prepared to oppose all Democratic healthcare proposals but couldn't support skinny repeal when it was on the table.

Manchin's not running again so I don't think he cares. Sinema's state is rapidly blueing and she's likely to face a primary in 2024 if she doesn't toe the line. If we still had Heitkamp or McCaskill in the Senate caucus I would understand those concerns about them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies