Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:34:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.***  (Read 106953 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: February 18, 2021, 11:44:30 PM »
« edited: February 21, 2021, 02:26:33 PM by LeBron »

Someone more familiar with the betting markets should confirm this, but apparently the expectation that many of these nominees won't be confirmed until after March 1st has created a stir because that is PredictIt's contract date.

Fudge in particular will be one of the nominees sworn in after that date. Pelosi is gonna need her vote for the stimulus next week, so the earliest possible confirmation date for Fudge is probably the following week.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 02:44:57 PM »

Apparently Schumer is probably gonna try to get full Senate votes for Vilsack, Raimondo, Walsh, Cardona, Regan, and possibly Granholm next week in addition to Thomas-Greenfield.  I can’t remember where, but I read this a few days ago.

I don't think there's enough time to fit them all in though. Chances are there's only going to be 4-5 confirmed this week.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 03:00:57 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2021, 03:14:35 PM by LeBron »

So I figured I would state my estimated confirmation dates for the 7 upcoming nominees:

LTG/Vilsack - Feb. 22nd-23rd

Cardona - Feb. 25th. It's not definitive, but Psaki suggested that this one is this week.

Regan - Feb. 24th. Regan would be a super quick confirmation that they could do on like Wednesday night and there's good reason to think that EPA is a priority rn because of the climate disaster in Texas. Not to mention it would be pretty historic and cool to confirm the first black male EPA leader during black history month.

Walsh - March 1st-5th. He's likely going to have to wait to see if that Boston home rule petition passes or not. That alone might delay his confirmation vote into next week. If it does pass, I would say he gets his Senate vote on March 1st or 2nd. If it doesn't pass, the soonest he could resign as mayor is March 5th meaning his Senate vote wouldn't come until later that week I believe.

Raimondo - If I had to guess, March 1st-5th. According to Sen. Whitehouse, other nominees this week are likely to jump ahead of her due to Cruz's hold on her (he said this on a local radio show a couple of days ago).

Granholm - Huh (I don't really have any idea on this one)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 10:11:28 AM »

Press F
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 04:21:56 PM »

I hope you're happy with this annoying fake moderate, ME voters.

She just literally saved Becerra dude (with Hirono out Dems didn't have the votes on their own). She voted for Haaland as well. She's anything but the partisan warrior that Atlas makes her out to be.

No? Becerra’s confirmation was guaranteed the moment Manchin endorsed him. In a scenario where Collins is a no and Hirono is still out for the week, Schumer would have just delayed Becerra’s vote until Monday, and Harris would have broke the tie. Collins would have opposed him if she thought she could sink Becerra’s nomination for good...I have no doubt about that.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 10:12:51 PM »

Next List:

Cal. #59 Deanne Bennett Criswell to be Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Homeland Security
@DHSgov

Cal. #54 Janet Garvin McCabe to be Deputy Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
@EPA

Cal. #68 Colin Hackett Kahl to be Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
@DeptofDefense

Cal. #58 Jason Scott Miller to be Deputy Director for Management, Office of Management and Budget
@OMBPress

Just as a heads up, there’s no votes on Criswell next week. She was confirmed by UC earlier today:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies