The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:59:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 230239 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: August 16, 2016, 06:46:52 PM »

The point is that these people have committed serious offenses that have led to them losing some of the rights that people are normally accorded. It's not meant to be a walk in the park.

Just because they are prisoners doesn't mean it's OK to treat them like dirt. Time and time again, I see issues of mistreatment or other bs regarding prisoners come up and again see certain folks just shrug it off and say "well they are prisoners after all!", as if that justifies anything and everything.

This is why recidivism is such a problem in America. Many people have such a cavalier attitude towards convicts/felons, as if they are sub-human or something.
Wrong thread.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »

I didn't think Dobbs was a Republican, but okay.

Nor does he, probably, think that of you.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 08:56:28 PM »

Very similar to me.  I actually dislike Trump as a person and all things equal prefer Clinton policies overall when compared to Trump but will vote for him for being anti-PC.  Also I want to vote for White consolidation.
This is a great example of what not to do with your vote.

What the hell does "white consolidation" mean?
Oh God, I warned you guys that Rachel Dolezel would lead to confused and deranged "trans-racial" people coming out of the woodwork and tanning salons Tongue
I consider myself trans-racial.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 02:43:35 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »

So we're at 2 pages now of nothing but paragraphs and paragraphs of text out of line with the thread topic.
You posted in the right thread. Smiley
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 08:14:32 PM »

I feel like if this thread involved black evangelicals instead of white evangelicals, it would be taken down.

Yay, let's call an entire group of people stupid because they don't like the same candidates we do.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 05:18:46 PM »

As I demonstrated in my thread in the Demographics forum, rural voters make up a TINY percent of the electorate, really, so if they made up for it with gains in the suburban and urban areas, it'd be a net positive.  However, that's not what I was saying at all.  Fuzzy specifically alluded to not WANTING to be a registered Republican.  Santender called himself a "Democrat at heart" in another thread recently.  These aren't your stereotypical "populist" Republicans.
It's a southern thing. You clearly don't understand.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 12:51:37 PM »

It is pretty funny how the various narratives being spun about the mysterious Midwest whites is very similar to competing colonial depictions of natives. Are they a vast tribe of aggressive unreasonable non-woke types who should be feared and despised? Are they a dying, noble breed more in touch than the effete observer? Do they merely need to be tamed and introduced to microbreweries and coding lessons so they can be brought into the brave world if the future?

The funniest thing about this, though, is that up until the 2016 election, most people viewed the Midwest as what it was: a pretty well-educated region stereotyped as being polite and humble.  Now it's the epitome of Trump's campaign?  LOL.
That stereotype only ever really applied to Minnesota. The Rust Belt states actually do largely deserve their reputations, and most Americans don't even think about the Midwest west of the Mississippi other than Minnesota - they're like the flyover country of flyover country. Funny story - when I attended Tom Stuker's 10 million mile party a few years back at the Red Carpet Club at O'Hare, they had a sign that said "You put Des Moines on the map", because his LAX-ORD flight was literally flying over Des Moines when he hit 10 million miles. That punchline is just as relevant today as it was then.

The only thing that's really changed is the emergence of some rather absurd assertions like that Iowa is part of the Rust Belt or that Trump Democrats are a monolithic group of middle-aged white people upset about deindustrialization, when in fact, Trump won because he was a unifier in ways that coastal liberals or movement conservatives would never understand.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »

Truer words have seldom been spoken.

I'll give you one last tip spark. Stop being yourself. Being yourself is not a good thing in life, always try to be a better version of yourself, this includes taking into account societal norms. Taking into account norms means you consider how your actions make others feel. It's not conformity, it's being a polite person.
Of course you would say that.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »

Sam Spade is terrible, Virginia is the best, and mods please lock this thread thx.

To be honest all I remember about Sam Spade was his love for a term "f****t".
Big deal.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 03:46:46 PM »

Arkansas, the only one I haven't been to.

You'll fit in well with the rubes.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »

Kal, if you haven't been there like dull0 just don't comment

Commenting on things we know nothing about is a sacred Atlasian custom.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »

Context:

Can we all stop talking about her? She's the least interesting person in the world, perhaps in history. She's like one of those kids that regurgitates what they've heard but doesn't quite understand what they're saying. She hasn't thought anything through and she hasn't processed it.
Not to mention her whole brand is based on sex appeal and angry speeches about how great the troops are (she's not exactly wrong, but do teh libtards really hate the army? Come on!) or how Godless we are as a country apparently. She was hired directly out of an internship, probably by some Walmart brand Roger Ailes who's still bragging about it in the control room.

Actually, she was never even an intern. She applied for an internship and got her own show.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 06:58:18 PM »

Is there anything wrong with beauty being important in the entertainment industry?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »

Is there anything wrong with beauty being important in the entertainment industry?

There's nothing wrong with beauty being important in the entertainment industry

There is a sh**tload wrong with good looks being a prerequisite in so-called journalism
She was hired to do a commentary show, which is entertainment. If she was made a political correspondent, that would be a journalism job.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »

You geniuses let Krazen and MAGA2020 endlessly troll, the former after bei,g let back after a year because " he'd change", let Stormfront lite posts flourish, and THIS is where you draw the line?

Develop some perspective
Get over yourself.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »

Last summer, there was an incident practically every week. 50 people dead at the Pulse nightclub, a shooting in Dallas, a shooting in Baton Rouge, a truck running over 70 people in France, a terror attack in Germany, riots in Milwaukee... this summer, crickets. The only terrorist attacks were Manchester/London right before the election there. It seems that these incidents are more likely to happen just before high-stakes elections.

#MAGA  #WINNING  #COVEFE
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »

^^^jfern is absolutely right.

If it was so much easier being a male, why didn't she just un-trans-gender herself?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »

Cafe without caffeine, sweets without sugar, sex without sex. This is our reality.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »

Well, according to Breitbart, a White House coup is underway and Trump is under house arrest.  (I'm not making this up.)  Cernovich Sources: White House ‘Coup’ Underway, Trump ‘Under House Arrest’

I predicted the lefties (not you in particular) would start to find Breitbart credible now that Bannon was back over there.  LOL.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 04:06:06 PM »

Y'know, at least Santander embraces and admits to being a piece of s**t.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 09:12:02 AM »

The people who crave victimhood are the worst thing for actual victims of legitimate issues.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 03:03:12 PM »

If this doesn't show everyone why people hated her and why she lost, I don't know what does.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »

People like Santander, Sprouts, hugecat, etc. that are capable of derailing interesting threads on a whim are just the worst
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies