Why is it cool to persecute Christians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:01:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Why is it cool to persecute Christians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is it cool to persecute Christians?  (Read 24052 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 24, 2009, 05:28:35 AM »

For the same reason it's fun to "persecute" (as has been suggested that is the WRONG word for what happens to "christians" in America) fans of winning sports franchises or the sitting President or rich people or cops...if you think a certain group or person has too much "power" and you're not part of that group, you are going to look for ways to bring them down a peg or 3 and when you find one these ways you are going to shout it from the roof tops.  This is called human nature....many humans, even Christians, have these feelings.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »

This line -------- Barack Obama, a devout and pious Christian may be the most laughable thing I have ever read in the history of the Atlas forums. 

Even a dead clock is right twice a day.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 11:17:45 PM »

First of all, I do believe President Obama is a Christian, just like I believe President Bush is a Christian and President Clinton before him.
I believe all those people claimed they were Christians, Bush may have actually thought he was.  I'd bet your soul that they all claimed Christianity because it was easier than not.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
cite?
What sporting events did they use to pray before and now no longer do?  The only sport I know of that consistently prayed was NASCAR and I'm pretty sure they still do.  And if they did stop, why?
Now those two I kind of agree with you on.  A nativity scene on the courthouse park isn't hurting or condoning anything and people that get their panties in a twist over the 10 Commandments are over offended asshats
Dude, you already can't do that.  You can preach whatever you want, whenever you want on your own property, or with some restrictions on public property...but you can't on mine.  You can't do it from the side of a road at a busy intersection.
So on one hand you say that America started to go down the tubes when prayer was taken out of school, you then argue that they can't really take prayer out of schools and actions speak louder than words.  How can you be so wrong and then so right?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:54:07 AM »

Saved!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 11:01:13 AM »

Maybe you're on to something.  Maybe the Jews that run Hollywood have been converted?  Afraid of pissing off the golden goose (ie, ignorant masses)?  Clearly a conspiracy here of some kind.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 04:52:44 AM »

Being persecuted is just a cross Christians have to bear. Wink
you just won the thread!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:20:55 AM »

To be quite simple: innate within the concept of democracy is the notion that everyone retains the right to ridicule your belief system, regardless of how entrenched within the ruling paradigm it may be. If you want to reserve special privileges for Christianity, including an exemption from ridicule and perhaps humiliating scorn, then what you want is a totalitarian theocracy, not a democracy.

Democracy is a meritocratic system. Your views wouldn't be ridiculed if they didn't merit it.
You were doing fine until that last line.  You don't have to have merit to bash something, and many bashers of Christianity come to it exactly that way.  In fact, I'd say almost all bashing of Christianity contains some "broad brushing".

(I'm as guilty of this as anybody)

Basically what I'm saying is just because something is bashed, doesn't mean the basher has merit in his/her actions.  His views may, and probably often are, bashed without merit.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 03:51:34 AM »

Yep.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies