*IF* Obama loses, what would be the reaction... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:44:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  *IF* Obama loses, what would be the reaction... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *IF* Obama loses, what would be the reaction...  (Read 4383 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: October 16, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »

It would mean the number of people voting against Obama because of his color was larger than thought, but probably still not as near as big as the group voting for him because he is black.

Dumbass statement. Only about 5-15% of blacks are voting for Obama because he is black. 80% of them vote default democrat regardless of who the candidate is and whether they are white,black,brown or albino. Don't believe me? Check out the exit poll results for the governor's race in Ohio and the senate race in MD in 2006. Now that leads to a movement of maybe maybe a point in the polls. But if the majority decides to vote against someone because of their race, they will make a whole lot more impact than a few blacks. Also note these "racist" blacks have never had a problem pulling the lever for a white person before, in fact they have done it till they were given the right to vote.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »

europe would flip out...which.would.make my day

Oh yeah because being hated in the world is working out just great for us. Roll Eyes Man you republicans have no idea what kind of world we are about to live in. This is a new globalized world and it wouldn't be a good idea to throw up a giant middle finger to them by voting for Mccain. Voting for him would make all our foreign policy issues 10 times harder to resolve. I am not saying it's fair but that's what happens when a president from your party fukcs up our relationship with the world. Now everybody overseas thinks republicans are evil or something.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:13:46 PM »

europe would flip out...which.would.make my day

Oh yeah because being hated in the world is working out just great for us. Roll Eyes

we are not of this world Wink

---

Man you republicans have no idea what kind of world we are about to live in.

oh, I have a pretty good hunch it's going to involve a WMD war between Israel/Syria/Iran

---

This is a new globalized world and it wouldn't be a good idea to throw up a giant middle finger to them by voting for Mccain.

Europe will be spineless regardless who wins this election

---

Voting for him would make all our foreign policy issues 10 times harder to resolve. I am not saying it's fair but that's what happens when a president from your party fukcs up our relationship with the world. Now everybody overseas thinks republicans are evil or something.

stop, you're about to make me cry

All I am saying is that isolationism ain't gonna work. We need to trade with the world, goods and ideas. We can't just be the bullies and decide who we are going to bomb when we feel like it. If we can't at least get world opinion on our side, we are probably doing the wrong thing. Believe it or not most people in this world are hardworking, decent people. When we were attacked on 9/11 they stood up and supported us. They supported us when we went into Afghanistan to take out the real culprits, but we squandered that support and trust by invading an innocent nation.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:59:04 PM »

Europe -- split reaction.  I was surprised when I was in Italy this summer how quickly discussions of Obama's candidacy was reduced to race.  The hand-holders will be pissed.

Yet, at the same time, their polls show Obama absolutely destroying McCain.

But when the topic turns to race do they talk about him being black as a bad thing? I think many in Europe and the world still think we are a very racist nation. It may be true in part but overall I think we are pretty tolerant, and more so than the "enlightened" europeans.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 06:59:30 PM »

It would mean the number of people voting against Obama because of his color was larger than thought, but probably still not as near as big as the group voting for him because he is black.

Dumbass statement. Only about 5-15% of blacks are voting for Obama because he is black. 80% of them vote default democrat regardless of who the candidate is and whether they are white,black,brown or albino. Don't believe me? Check out the exit poll results for the governor's race in Ohio and the senate race in MD in 2006. Now that leads to a movement of maybe maybe a point in the polls. But if the majority decides to vote against someone because of their race, they will make a whole lot more impact than a few blacks. Also note these "racist" blacks have never had a problem pulling the lever for a white person before, in fact they have done it till they were given the right to vote.

Are we saying 5+% of whites will be voting against Obama because he's black?

I guess we will find out on election day. I just think its funny it is considered racist for a black person to want a black president. Most of these people would have had no problem if it was Hillary, they would have still voted for her. They just want Obama more. And it seems like black republicans are now choosing to vote for Obama as well. So the problem squarely lies with the republicans. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies