Biden's "anti-populist" triangulation NEW:Biden talks working w/ segregationists (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:50:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden's "anti-populist" triangulation NEW:Biden talks working w/ segregationists (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden's "anti-populist" triangulation NEW:Biden talks working w/ segregationists  (Read 5116 times)
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 03, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »

Are people more upset about the first part of that, or the second part?

BTW before I get flamed I don't condone that comment. I think the swipe at Bernie is unnecessarily antagonistic and I don't see the point in trying to compare the patriotism of two different groups -- it also seems a little antagonistic, and it's very hard to make a statement like that without appearing to denigrate one side. Overall a tacky and unnecessary thing to say. But I am curious to hear the thoughts of the really upset people.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 06:32:48 PM »

Biden is really obviously making plays to solidify the support of the pragmatic wing of the Democratic party. He's also doing it in a typical Joe Biden way by talking without a lot of discretion. Honestly, he is courting to speak to Democrats like me, although he could be doing a better job. If he were 20 years younger I'd be very curious to see how it turned out for him, but I think for various reasons relating to his age he probably isn't going to garner a ton of support by 2020 anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies