Fritz Election tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:50:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fritz Election tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fritz Election tracker  (Read 6172 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: August 23, 2009, 03:23:57 PM »

Please hurry up !!! I can't bear the waiting to see if Fritz gets elected...
It'll take a while. This is not a simple calculation.
Polls close at 11:22 PM EST, about how many voters are left?

This election is held in accordance with Article V of the Constitution, the Proportional Representation Act, and the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act (as amended).  The  voting booth opens at 12:00am August 21st, 2009 and closes at 11:59pm August 23rd, 2009.

Oh, didn't see that part. Smiley Still though, there could be a last-minute voting spree.

where did you get 11:22 from?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »

I'd like to ask a question. This is probably not the right topic for it, but since we don't really have a place for this sort of question I'll still try here.

Well, I'm certainly not an expert in voting systems, but this has always interested me, so that I tried to research about that and now I know the basics. But there is something I don't understand about the voting system used for this election.
The Single Transferable Vote is suppposed to be a proportionnal system, selecting the 5 people that represent better the electors. In this case, why the quota fixed to be elected is 1/6 of the total votes insteasd of 1/5 ? If you fix it at 1/6 where there are only 5 senators elected, the representativity of the elected will be just slowly higher to 5/6, whereas we could have a 100% one with an 1/5 of the votes. This clearly hurts proportionnality of the system and can be dangerous.
If there is a reason why things are so, I hope someone could explain it to me, because this issue worries me since sometimes now. I admit that I can be wrong and will accept any sort of explanation. Thanks a lot. Smiley

I don't believe Antonio ever got an answer to his question.  Does anyone have an answer to this?

When Jas gets back from vacation he'll be able to explain it better than anyone.

Why does it have to be so confusing? Do we know who won?

lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies