Obama's many mistakes -- which is worst (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:19:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Obama's many mistakes -- which is worst (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If you can keep track of this EPIC FAIL president's errors which have been the worst for the future of our country?
Appointing criminals to cabinet posts (Richardson, Geitner, Daschle, etc.)

Pork laden spending spree masked as stimulus

Making it easier to murder unborn babies

Making Shrillary Clinton Secretary of State

Sounding clueless in news conferences with all his "uhs" and "ahhs"

Failing to get allies to increase support for Afgan war

Business as usual in washington -- no genuine bipartisanship

Other  (add yours)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Obama's many mistakes -- which is worst  (Read 9634 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: February 10, 2009, 04:57:02 PM »

Of the things listed above that are actually true...I approve of all of them.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »

Nice to know you approve of Obama.  I would expect nothing less from his many fanboys here.  But like I said I was looking for input from those who have not sampled the kool aid.

I approve of Obama's performance up until now...but I'd hardly call myself a "fanboy".
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »

Not hating America as much as rabid right wingers and Coburn supporters?

(My worst habit is feeding trolls and trogs

Last I checked Republicans didn't want to burn the flag, surrender to the enemy or wage class warfare on the most productive members of society.

As to being a troll. I suppose I am since anyone who disagrees with liberals here is considered a troll.

Supporting a ban on flag burning is by definition clearly un-American, as it violates the First Amendment of the Constitution. Not very hard to understand, really.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »

Not hating America as much as rabid right wingers and Coburn supporters?

(My worst habit is feeding trolls and trogs

Last I checked Republicans didn't want to burn the flag, surrender to the enemy or wage class warfare on the most productive members of society.

As to being a troll. I suppose I am since anyone who disagrees with liberals here is considered a troll.

Supporting a ban on flag burning is by definition clearly un-American, as it violates the First Amendment of the Constitution. Not very hard to understand, really.

Sorry, Franzl.  I'm going to say that supporting the ban is wrong, but a Constitutional Amendment banning flag burning doesn't violate the Constitution because it changes the Constitution, much like supporting the 21st Amendment wasn't un-American because it violates the 18th Amendment.

That being said, it's still a stupid idea.  It's not like there are enough cases of it to justify an Amendment, and even if there were, far worse desecrations to the flag happen every day.  Anyone else want to ban American flag underwear?  Think where that ends up!  Talk about desecration!

Well sure...if was a poor choice of words....an amendment to the Constitution can't be unconstitutional....but it definitely goes against the spirit of the Constitution....and is a restriction on freedom of expression...whether it's considered unconstitutional per se or not.

You're right though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies