Special Election megathread (6/11: OH-6, 6/25: CO-4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:04:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special Election megathread (6/11: OH-6, 6/25: CO-4) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special Election megathread (6/11: OH-6, 6/25: CO-4)  (Read 143394 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: December 15, 2020, 04:44:08 PM »

I'm actually okay with Nina going to Congress. The BS from some in Bernie crowd that they wouldn't vote for Biden unless he selected Turner as VP was just silly. She'd be a positive force for pushing for real policy change--at least more than some generic establishment D. Wishing her luck.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 01:20:40 PM »

This won't matter, but it's funny to see Turner supports on Twitter talk about Hillary's endorsement being "the kiss of death" when Hillary handily beat Sanders in OH-11 in the 2016 primary.

And absolutely nothing has happened since then.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 01:35:55 PM »

This won't matter, but it's funny to see Turner supports on Twitter talk about Hillary's endorsement being "the kiss of death" when Hillary handily beat Sanders in OH-11 in the 2016 primary.

And absolutely nothing has happened since then.

It's still ridiculous to act like this endorsement will harm Brown. Of course it's not 2016 anymore, but I have no reason to believe that a significant number of Hillary's supporters in the 2016 primary have turned against her in the last five years. And as far as everyone wants to make this race and the 2016 primary proxies for the broader moderate-progressive conflict, the 2020 presidential primary certainly was a resounding win for the moderate side, including in the Midwest.

I would probably rather have Turner in Congress, so I'm not endorsing Hillary's endorsement, I'm just saying that Hillary is still a well-liked figure among most Democrats and thus calling her endorsement "the kiss of death" is laughable.

I agree with you that "kiss of death" is a bit extreme, but it's also likely more tongue-in-cheek than it is a serious statement. Like you say, this will have absolutely no impact on the race. Still, this endorsement reeks of yet another stab at a Bernie acolyte for the sake of doing so. Did she ever endorse a primary challenge to Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, etc?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 08:34:12 AM »

Let's just face reality, Turner is destined to be the next Tulsi Gabbard.

She's a good fit for her state, but on a national level she's going to get exposed and flame out hard and fast. She'll get lots of press and attention from the "anti-establishment" grifter types like Joe Rogan and Jimmy Dore, and their audience who understand next to nothing about politics and government, but won't be a serious contender otherwise.

Uh, Tulsi Gabbard is a transphobe and islamophobe. They are nothing alike politically. Also, all this fearmongering about Turner like she will singlehandedly derail the Biden agenda out of spite is...well, silly. Let's see if she wins the primary and then let's see what type of Congresswoman she is before we jump to conclusions about her being a future flame-out.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 08:43:12 PM »

No matter how unlikely it is, a Dem upset in NE-01 would be absolutely insane.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies