Special Election megathread (5/21: CA-20)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:52:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special Election megathread (5/21: CA-20)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 114
Author Topic: Special Election megathread (5/21: CA-20)  (Read 140785 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: August 17, 2022, 07:12:41 PM »

Another dump of about 3500 just dropped.

Peltola 49%
Begich 26%
Palin 25%

If the final result is Pelolta 50.1% does she win?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1676 on: August 17, 2022, 07:18:17 PM »

Peltola 49%
Begich 26%
Palin 25%

The batch was 49%. She’s far from 50%.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1677 on: August 17, 2022, 07:24:03 PM »

Peltola 49%
Begich 26%
Palin 25%

She probably needs to be at 40-41% in the first round to stand a chance. It'll be close either way.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1678 on: August 17, 2022, 07:37:16 PM »

Peltola 49%
Begich 26%
Palin 25%

Yes, if one candidate had a majority of the first-round votes, they would be elected.  But as noted above, the 49% was only for that batch, and there's no way she'll get to 50%+1 overall.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1679 on: August 17, 2022, 07:46:26 PM »

So off current projections Peltola is at 47% against Palin.

How does that work out? If there's at least 50-75K votes left, Peltola seems like she should easily be able to get to 40-42% of the first round vote, which easily puts her into contention with Palin for round 2.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1680 on: August 17, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »

How does that work out? If there's at least 50-75K votes left, Peltola seems like she should easily be able to get to 40-42% of the first round vote, which easily puts her into contention with Palin for round 2.

A polling expert said 9.5% to Peltola from the RCV.
soundchaser

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1681 on: August 17, 2022, 07:56:20 PM »

9.5% added to her final result in the first round. Still a lot of votes to go before that percentage comes into play.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1682 on: August 17, 2022, 08:00:10 PM »

9.5% added to her final result in the first round. Still a lot of votes to go before that percentage comes into play.

Do we know when we get another vote dump?
soundchaser

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1683 on: August 17, 2022, 08:06:00 PM »

I think the technical answer is "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

(Not until tomorrow, at least.)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1684 on: August 17, 2022, 08:14:11 PM »

Right, so I think the poll came into play here, basically saying that when Mary got 41% in the first round against Palin, it then went to about 51/49 in the 2nd round. So, the 9.5-10% is about right.

So key here is for her to hit that 41% mark or higher.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1685 on: August 18, 2022, 03:02:23 PM »

Looking at cynic's estimation on twitter, the dem candidate is going to end up at 39%. If that is true I think Palin is going to win this.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1686 on: August 18, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »

Looking at cynic's estimation on twitter, the dem candidate is going to end up at 39%. If that is true I think Palin is going to win this.

Depends also on how many ballots are out, he says 18-30k, but I've also seen as high as 50k.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1687 on: August 18, 2022, 06:04:01 PM »

Ew. This really is going to be the worst freshman class of Republicans ever!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1688 on: August 18, 2022, 06:54:44 PM »

From yesterday:

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1689 on: August 18, 2022, 07:08:46 PM »

From yesterday:

I will always be fascinated at how Alaska is such a reverse of the political geography in nearly every other state.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1690 on: August 18, 2022, 11:26:44 PM »

From yesterday:

I will always be fascinated at how Alaska is such a reverse of the political geography in nearly every other state.
Isnt Hawaii also that?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1691 on: August 18, 2022, 11:58:05 PM »

From yesterday:

Isnt Hawaii also that?

Yes, but in Hawaii it's 80% blue vs 70% blue.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1692 on: August 19, 2022, 12:50:42 AM »

Btw,
I don't know where to post this but.

It is true that according to the polls inflation is more important than abortion for voters.

I have been Reading that for some twitter pundits and for some posters, the abortion issue is going to fade away. I absolutely don't believe so as to me this is wishful thinking from pro life people. People are so passionate about this issue so if you really think that they are going to forget about it "with Time" you're deadly wrong. Clearly an unpopular ruling that is impacting their lives and additionnally the evangelical base of the GOP is going to constantly push to ban abortion even in case of rape.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1693 on: August 19, 2022, 01:55:24 AM »

Btw,

It is true that according to the polls inflation is more important than abortion for voters.

I have been Reading that for some twitter pundits and for some posters, the abortion issue is going to fade away. I absolutely don't believe so as to me this is wishful thinking from pro life people. People are so passionate about this issue so if you really think that they are going to forget about it "with Time" you're deadly wrong. Clearly an unpopular ruling that is impacting their lives and additionnally the evangelical base of the GOP is going to constantly push to ban abortion even in case of rape.

Well the horror stories (read USGD and that's about half of it) keep it in the news, while inflation held to zero last month.

While inflation still has a plurality, it used to be like 40% and now it's more like 25%.
UncleSam

« Reply #1694 on: August 19, 2022, 01:59:01 AM »

Btw,

Well the horror stories (read USGD and that's about half of it) keep it in the news, while inflation held to zero last month.

While inflation still has a plurality, it used to be like 40% and now it's more like 25%.
Inflation was literally not zero, it was still like 8% annually. It just didn’t increase over the prior month.

Very annoyed that people keep posting this blatantly untrue misunderstanding in the presidents’ part of how inflation works.

Anyway yes abortion will remain impactful through November but it does seem as though the impact it has will be less then than it would have been over the summer. Such is the nature of politics.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1695 on: August 19, 2022, 02:00:51 AM »

Btw,

Inflation was literally not zero, it was still like 8% annually. It just didn’t increase over the prior month.

Very annoyed that people keep posting this blatantly untrue misunderstanding in the presidents’ part of how inflation works.

Anyway yes abortion will remain impactful through November but it does seem as though the impact it has will be less then than it would have been over the summer. Such is the nature of politics.

Month-over-Month was zero. That's what the headlines said. Obviously YoY is still high, because that's how math works.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1696 on: August 19, 2022, 02:04:28 AM »

UncleSam

« Reply #1697 on: August 19, 2022, 02:08:35 AM »

Btw,

Month-over-Month was zero. That's what the headlines said. Obviously YoY is still high, because that's how math works.
No, that is not how the math works because inflation is not a month to month statistic, it is an annualized statistic due to how it fluctuates. No serious economist would ever quote this number as being of any significance whatsoever, the inflation rate in July was 8.5% annualized over last year, same as it was in June. Anything else is literally misinformation.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1698 on: August 19, 2022, 07:15:27 AM »

Moderator note: the inflation discussion is off-topic for this thread.  Take it elsewhere (USGD would be a good board, and there's probably already at least one thread there).  Future posts on the topic in this thread will be deleted.
JMT

« Reply #1699 on: August 19, 2022, 11:48:50 AM »

When should we expect to get another batch of votes counted in Alaska?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 114  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies