FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:04:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch  (Read 10592 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 21, 2019, 02:19:14 PM »

He'd be better off taking on Rubio.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 10:15:22 PM »

Has any politician who lost an election and then attempted a rematch against the same person for the same office ever actually succeeded?

Jeanne Shaheen, John Durkin, Jay Rockefeller to name a few.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 12:45:48 PM »

If you're a Dem in Florida, and you lose in a Dem year, you probably shouldn't run for office again.

It wasn't a Dem year in Florida, just like 2014 wasn't a GOP year in Pennsylvania.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 06:07:13 PM »

DeSantis is doing all the right things to get re-elected.

The serious candidates will not be running.  The 2022 Democrat will be a decided underdog.  The question would be whether or not Little Marco would be vulnerable.

Gillum's star is sinking.
What Congress district or state senate seat he lives in?
The African American Trump Democrat Al Lawson's seat.
God id love for Gillum to primary him then maybe run for senate or something I think gillum could make a great president one day hes one of my favorite rising stars in the party
Gillum lost a statewide election in a blue wave year with more favorable circumstances in his state.  He should never have lost.  He'd get destroyed in a nationwide general.

Given what happened with other races in Florida [except for Nikki Fried], it's pretty clear that circumstances were quite the opposite of favorable.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 09:49:26 PM »

DeSantis is doing all the right things to get re-elected.

The serious candidates will not be running.  The 2022 Democrat will be a decided underdog.  The question would be whether or not Little Marco would be vulnerable.

Gillum's star is sinking.
What Congress district or state senate seat he lives in?
The African American Trump Democrat Al Lawson's seat.
God id love for Gillum to primary him then maybe run for senate or something I think gillum could make a great president one day hes one of my favorite rising stars in the party
Gillum lost a statewide election in a blue wave year with more favorable circumstances in his state.  He should never have lost.  He'd get destroyed in a nationwide general.

Given what happened with other races in Florida [except for Nikki Fried], it's pretty clear that circumstances were quite the opposite of favorable.
Keep in mind, I never heard of Niki Fried until she won. I never saw any ads on TV or radio. I never saw any yard sides or bumper stickers. I didn’t even know Caldwell even had an opponent until I saw her name on the ballot, and I just assumed she was some rando.

In that case, it's not that Gillum blew a winnable race [given that the gubernatorial rating was D+2.1 and Florida's  got an R+3 lean...], it's that Caldwell did.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 12:15:15 PM »

Democrats all over the country won much tougher territory than Florida last year. There was no excuse for Gillum to lose.

They also lost easier turf too. Easier turf with competent state parties to boot.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 10:06:24 AM »

Democrats all over the country won much tougher territory than Florida last year. There was no excuse for Gillum to lose.

They also lost easier turf too. Easier turf with competent state parties to boot.

They did?

Unless you're referring to popular incumbents like Baker, Scott, Hogan, etc. which is apples and oranges.

Sure, CA-50, MN-08, that PA district Scott Wallace lost, and from a certain POV [accounting for the huge approval shift against Trump, the majority takeover of the House]...freaking Iowa.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies