transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:06:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?  (Read 10018 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: October 17, 2015, 07:45:40 AM »

"The battle for equal access"

lol
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 09:47:39 AM »

Well, in my Dutch high school (you know, the country where 82% of all people is in favor of SSM, and likely 95% in my school) there were even bigoted girls in my class who were gossiping about being "scared" that a lesbian girl in our class went to the same locker room - behind her back, of course. Mindboggling, of course. Anyway, regardless of what one thinks about this story themselves, it isn't hard to imagine high school kids being against sharing a locker room with trans people.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 05:29:56 PM »

This thread is making two violations. In one case there is profanity in the subject and in the other it was changed to an even worse micro aggression by referring to girls as boys. Mods please.
Not sure if serious...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2015, 08:42:32 PM by DavidB. »

Are you people actually serious with this pc stuff? Good lord... I mean, I'd obviously call a trans person however they would like to be called, in terms of names and pronouns and stuff, which is just normal social behavior, and it would be wrong not to call someone in the forum community by their preferred pronoun -- but I don't think people should be obliged do that on the internet as well if they don't feel like doing so when it comes to non-identified and non-present people.

And yeah, "Girls in the girls HS locker room?" is surely going to give the right message for this thread... Roll Eyes
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2015, 12:01:51 PM by DavidB. »

So it's okay to misgender people as long as they aren't present? wow.
"Misgendering" is obviously just a point of view. There are different opinions on that. And again, I'd always call people on this forum as they wish, but I think it should be allowed to call non-forum members with male biological characteristics men.

(And even if people disagree about that, a sincere debate about this should be able to be held, which is why I find it bizarre that someone took the effort to report my last post.)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »

see the thing is, dempgh,
if we put aside human rights every time someone felt ~uncomfortable~ about them, we wouldn't have any form of equality.
How did going to a locker room/bathroom of the opposite sex if you feel like it suddenly become a "human right"? Smiley

To me, the solution seems clear: people who have fully transitioned should be able to go to the bathroom/locker room of their new gender, and people who haven't yet fully transitioned shouldn't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies