Fellow Democrats, lend me your ears. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:38:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Fellow Democrats, lend me your ears. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fellow Democrats, lend me your ears.  (Read 2804 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 06, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »

I look around my neighborhood, and see business closing.  They were opened under G W Bush. 

A friend of mine, a local pastor, who had some rental properties, declared bankruptcy. 

My neighbor, a dress maker, who does beautiful work, had trouble making ends meet and then had to go on welfare; she's not stupid and had me download how to do a business plan once.  That hurt me because I use to be a welfare caseworker, and I hated the thought of this good, decent, honest, woman having to sit there and be interviewed, and even unintentionally, be humiliated like that.

With that, for the first time in two decades, I got off by butt and did some work for Romney, because Obama obviously wasn't helping.  Obama has made it worse.

For the record, my neighborhood is about 95% African American, and the people I mentioned are as well. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:49:07 AM »

I look around my neighborhood, and see business closing.  They were opened under G W Bush. 

A friend of mine, a local pastor, who had some rental properties, declared bankruptcy. 

My neighbor, a dress maker, who does beautiful work, had trouble making ends meet and then had to go on welfare; she's not stupid and had me download how to do a business plan once.  That hurt me because I use to be a welfare caseworker, and I hated the thought of this good, decent, honest, woman having to sit there and be interviewed, and even unintentionally, be humiliated like that.

With that, for the first time in two decades, I got off by butt and did some work for Romney, because Obama obviously wasn't helping.  Obama has made it worse.

For the record, my neighborhood is about 95% African American, and the people I mentioned are as well. 

I'm sure Romney cares an awful lot about people like that.

I'm sure that his policies would be better for people like than.  It is very that Obama is not.

Now, if Obama really did care, why didn't he do something about it?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:09:38 AM »

I'm sure Romney cares an awful lot about people like that.

I'm sure that his policies would be better for people like than.  It is very that Obama is not.

Now, if Obama really did care, why didn't he do something about it?

The situation for unfortunate people like that is getting better on average.

I don't think it is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies