Did that thread about a woman's atlas get deleted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 08:52:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Did that thread about a woman's atlas get deleted? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Did that thread about a woman's atlas get deleted?  (Read 13989 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: December 11, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »

I didn't delete it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:37:12 PM »

I have a feeling that this thread is going to be deleted too...

Anything or anyone who refers to that which has been disappeared will also be disappeared.

But yes, it is so tiresome that any interesting discussion has been disallowed here, and in particular that the moderators seem to think women are some kind of delicate weak flowers who can't partake in a political debate.

Did you even read the thread?  Simfan ADMITTED to deleting it!

Thank you.  That is all.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:47:33 PM »

And really, opebo?  After you are warned not to mislead the forum about actions taking by the moderators, you accuse the mods of deelting a thread when only 7 posts above, the original poster had admitted to deleting it?  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one that you didn't read Simfan's response, but perhaps you should stop making assumptions about moderator actions when you don't have all of the facts.  A lot of the reasons for the mod hate on this forum are because people like you mislead people (intentionally or unintentionally, but at this point you'd have to have a REALLY low IQ to be that oblivious, and I genuinely think you're a pretty smart person).  And people don't take time to fact check what's said (and they ignore our truthful rebuttals).  So they just go around posting ZOMG!!!! Teh Modz locked a topic!!!!!1 Why??

So just stop already.  The game is old... really really old.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 12:02:16 AM »

Sorry, I can't - there's no reason to.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 12:46:56 AM »

Leave it open, I'm quite enjoying Nathan's utter demolition of Memphis' bigotry.

I am.  I have no problem with the thread.  The "sorry" was merely there because I could not fulfill Simfan's request, not because I agree with it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 12:52:15 PM »

I'm not intentionally 'misleading' anyone, Inks, I didn't know about Simfan or clarences actions.   I don't see how I could be expected to know everything.  I would love to have all of the facts about your actions, but I believe we often feel in the dark because of the lack of transparency in the system.  It is only natural than in such a system rumor, conjecture, and fear will generally prevail - and certainly it isn't very fair of you to blame me for that! 

Simfan said it in the the thread!  Let's just hear those 6 little words: I am sorry; I was wrong.  I have yet to ever see you acknowledge when you were wrong about an accusation against the mods.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 02:43:56 AM »

Simfan said it in the the thread!  Let's just hear those 6 little words: I am sorry; I was wrong.  I have yet to ever see you acknowledge when you were wrong about an accusation against the mods.

I've never claimed to be infallible, Inks.  Given the power differential between us, any apology I would make would be mere cravenness, done out of fear, and so maybe not of any real value.  But I would appreciate it if we could drop the matter and move on.

I figured you wouldn't admit that you were wrong.  (Notice you said, "I've never claimed to be infallible," not "I was wrong", which doesn't actually acknowledge the fact that you made a bad assumption about the mods).  As for the apology - just humor me.  I'd love to see if you have it in you to say the words.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 01:00:30 AM »

Come on, man... even I admit when I'm wrong.  Post the words... how can you say that the mods are excessive in their actions and unaccountable when you want to be held to a higher standard?  You're acting as if you're a king, opebo.  But you are merely the king of hypocrites if you refuse to apologize and admit your wrong.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 01:01:24 AM »

Would anyone mind if I euthanized this terrible, terrible thread?

This thread needs to remain open until opebo admits his wrong and apologizes.... I'm tired of his crap.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 01:05:40 AM »

Opebo, please just apologize. Inks' signature causes my eyes to burn Sad

I like it -- it serves as a reminder of Mr Inks's blatant hypocrisy.

My hypocrisy?  I've admitted when I was wrong.  I was wrong in locking the Deluge thread, thinking that Dave would have wanted it locked, and I am sorry that I made a bad assumption about what Dave wanted.  I assure you, there's no hypocrisy coming from me here.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 01:07:59 AM »

Come on, man... even I admit when I'm wrong.  Post the words... how can you say that the mods are excessive in their actions and unaccountable when you want to be held to a higher standard?  You're acting as if you're a king, opebo.  But you are merely the king of hypocrites if you refuse to apologize and admit your wrong.

But my being wrong doesn't make you accountable, Inks.  What makes you accountable?  Just because y'all may be benevolent doesn't change the fact that this is only a fortuitious whim, given that we have no recourse.

But if you refuse to acknowledge that you're wrong, why should the mods do it?  If the posters don't do it, should the mods also refuse to admit their wrongs?  Should we just bar appeals for all circumstances?  If that's the standard you think you should be held to, I'll honor your wish... but I'm guessing that's not what you actually want.  It's funny that you want the ability to appeal infracted posts, yet you think you're above apologizing.  I've granted more appeals than I've ever seen you apologize.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 07:01:19 AM »

But if you refuse to acknowledge that you're wrong, why should the mods do it?  If the posters don't do it, should the mods also refuse to admit their wrongs?  Should we just bar appeals for all circumstances?  If that's the standard you think you should be held to, I'll honor your wish... but I'm guessing that's not what you actually want.  It's funny that you want the ability to appeal infracted posts, yet you think you're above apologizing.  I've granted more appeals than I've ever seen you apologize.

I'm below apologizing, Inks.

Haha... and now you're trying to spin it the other way.  Explain to me how you are below apologizing.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »

Haha... and now you're trying to spin it the other way.  Explain to me how you are below apologizing.

No power.

You hurt the image of the mods by making a false claim.  If you apologize, you have the power to make that harm less harmful.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 07:21:05 AM »

And if you truly have no power, and you believe that actions should be based on power, does that allow me to start infracting you at 10 points just because I have the "power"?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 09:19:25 AM »

You hurt the image of the mods by making a false claim.  If you apologize, you have the power to make that harm less harmful.

Good point -- Mr Inks does that enough himself, and he doesn't appreciate his territory being encroached upon.

Name one false claim that I have made that I have not apologized for upon being notified that it is false.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 09:42:06 AM »

What false claim did I make there?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 09:52:14 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Either the claim is false, or the intended result of such an appeal is an order to accept the revisionism and shut up.

No... the intended result is to have a fair appeal.  And there have been successful appeals that I have granted.  So I'm not sure where you got that idea from...  And I don't recall you ever making an appeal to me via PM, so I really don't know what you're basing your claim on.

So, now YOU have made a false claim that hurt the image of the mods.  Will you admit that you were wrong and apologize?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »

And to prove the truth of my claim, here are some PMs:

[redacted]
That being said, if you took it as racist, that's your opinion, so I'll remove the points, but in the future, try to refrain from throwing around "racist".

~~Inks

[redacted]
You know my rules.  Reposting is not allowed.  I'll remove the original point and 5 for the repost, but that's as far as I'll go.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 10:17:56 AM »

Either the claim is false, or the intended result of such an appeal is an order to accept the revisionism and shut up.

No... the intended result is to have a fair appeal.  And there have been successful appeals that I have granted.  So I'm not sure where you got that idea from...  And I don't recall you ever making an appeal to me via PM, so I really don't know what you're basing your claim on.

On the rest of the thread, of course.

I will admit that I was too general. "Such an appeal" should have been "an appeal against blatant power-mongering."

When was I power-mongering?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »

On the rest of the thread, of course.

I will admit that I was too general. "Such an appeal" should have been "an appeal against blatant power-mongering."

When was I power-mongering?

Reading comprehension, Mr Inks.

"An appeal against blatant power-mongering" was exactly the sort of appeal opebo was making.

Well I didn't realize you were talking about opebo's appeal... you linked to page 1 of the thread, which was Simfan's appeal.

And opebo was not infracted out of power-mongering.  He was infracted for lying and misleading the forum, and trolling in doing so.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 12:48:43 PM »

And if you truly have no power, and you believe that actions should be based on power, does that allow me to start infracting you at 10 points just because I have the "power"?

Yeah, I don't know of anything stopping you from doing that.

So since you have no power, would you just let it happen?  Or would you protest such a move?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »

Yeah, I don't know of anything stopping you from doing that.

So since you have no power, would you just let it happen?  Or would you protest such a move?

Its a tight-rope.. last time that happened I just didn't post for about six weeks and it seemed to blow over.

I find it hard to believe that you would just accept what you think is an unjust punishment.  No, opebo... you are not beneath apologizing.  What you are is a hypocrite and arrogant.  You enjoy this little fan base you've accumulated by carrying on your shtick here, an you know that if you apologized, you'd begin to lose that following.  And it's a shame... you could be a good poster if you weren't wrapped up continuing your anti-mod fights even when you are objectively wrong.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 07:34:46 AM »

So what? 

No matter how much you attack me it won't change the way other posters feel about you or the system you personify.

It is also quite an unfair battle of wits, after all, is it not?  I mean - can I say what I think you are? 

It's not an attack on you.  But as long as you admit that you're a hypocrite in not apologizing, that's close enough to an apology for me.  You've apologized in spirit, so, I accept your apology, and I forgive you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 10:53:29 AM »

I'll miss it too.  But the time that it was needed is no more.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

It's not an attack on you.  But as long as you admit that you're a hypocrite in not apologizing, that's close enough to an apology for me.  You've apologized in spirit, so, I accept your apology, and I forgive you.

I never admitted anything.  I've really no idea what you're on about, Inks.

You admitted it here:

That's good enough for me.  Even if you didn't directly do it, I accept your apology.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies