Arizona megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:30:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 71183 times)
SCNCmod

« on: October 17, 2022, 01:31:01 AM »
« edited: October 17, 2022, 01:46:20 AM by SCNCmod »

From a very outside perspective (someone who has not followed the AZ Gov election, other than the snippets I see in articles or on the various news channels)...

It seems- Hobbs is the candidate to qualified to responsibly run the Governor's office, whereas Lake is sort of a fringe, flame thrower.  But on the other hand- due to Lake's background/experience as a media personality... she is obviously much better at navigating the media/on camera aspect of the campaign... and as you would expect from Lake's background, she is also more telegenic  (Lake sort of has the Kennedy/Nixon natural media advantage over Hobbs in this regard).

So the election certainly seems far from over.  It seems Hobbs started off Ahead, and Lake has been able to use her natural media talents to make a come back and pull slightly ahead- which has also been possibly aided  by Hobbs playing it too safe, trying to hold her early lead.  

But now that Lake seems to have pulled slightly ahead- it seems very likely that Hobbs will approach the closing month a little less cautiously- and likely pull it back to at least even.

Also- I imagine Lake's small lead in the "Polls" is partially due to ppl generally thinking (rightly or wrongly) that Lake has run the better campaign recently... But some ppl (enough to control the outcome if things stay close) ... may decide to sort of hold their nose and vote for Hobbs on election day- because in the end they may decide that even if they perceive Lake to have run a better campaign, they feel more secure with Hobbs actually being in charge of running the state responsibly  (almost in an economic sense- Hobbs is less likely to do something detrimental to the state that could adversely affect its economy, etc).

Stated differently- when undecided or swing voters, actually get ready to cast their votes- a majority of them may look at it as a choice between: a potentially reckless show pony... or a boring book worm. (If I were part of the Hobbs Team- that's the choice I would focus on driving into the minds of swing voters over the remaining month).

For those in AZ- this may not be the reality of the race... its just how it feels (overall) from an outsider's perspective.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 05:52:52 AM »

I still don't think it is (yet) a foregone conclusion that Hobbs will not get elected...

But at least its not a Senate race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies