BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:46:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice  (Read 4096 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »

This is horrible.

Also, a general suggestion to everyone: don't immediately play politics with something like this.  We don't know anything about the shooter.  He might be a leftist, or he might be an anarchist.  For all we know, he's a Trump voter.  But no matter what he is, it doesn't matter--this is wrong.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:13:12 AM »

If we ever wanted to know what's wrong with our country, just read some of the posts in this thread.

People were shot, and some people here are bringing up politics.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 08:20:29 AM »

If we ever wanted to know what's wrong with our country, just read some of the posts in this thread.

People were shot, and some people here are bringing up politics.
The shooting of a member of congress is an explicitly political act

Wrong.

At the base line, sure...this happened because they're politicians (the same way that cops are targeted because they are cops).  But the issue is not politics--the issue is crazy people with guns who make crazy decisions and only want to create chaos.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 08:23:31 AM »

I'm sorry, but it's absurd to say 'don't bring politics into this!'. Like I said before, the shooting of a member of congress is by definition a political act, and it's completely legitimate to discuss what this says about American society

I disagree, for reasons stated above.

We shouldn't be discussing this along political lines.  This didn't happen because the victims were anti-abortion, or pro-Trump, or whatever else.  This happened because a deranged man decided to shoot people.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 08:25:11 AM »

If he wasn't shooting up congressmen, he'd be shooting up police officers, or EMTs, or teachers, or kids.

Crazy people exist.

Mental health is overlooked in our society.

This is NOT something for you to play politics with.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 08:25:59 AM »

Was the Aurora shooting a Batman issue?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 08:26:50 AM »

We don't even know if the shooter had mental health issues?

Um, if someone is planning on shooting up defenseless people, then yea I'd say there's some mental health issues going on there.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 08:34:40 AM »

I'm done arguing and posting here.  By the logic of some here: the Aurora shooter only did it because of Batman, and school shootings are only because adults just don't understand; crazy people with guns don't exist and crazy people don't hurt people simply because they are crazy.

And by the way, just because someone is not diagnosed as clinically insane does not make them any less crazy if they decide to kill others just for the heck of it.  If this is just a political act, then you're saying that anyone with a differing political view (you, me, everyone here right now) is capable of doing the exact same thing should the mood strike us.  I, for one, am not capable of doing that no matter how much I may disagree with someone's politics.

Yea, politics played into this only insomuch as it is the occupation of the victims.  But if it weren't, this guy would've found other victims to terrorize.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies