Perez bans Fox News from hosting D primary debates after Jane Mayer’s story
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:36:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Perez bans Fox News from hosting D primary debates after Jane Mayer’s story
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Perez bans Fox News from hosting D primary debates after Jane Mayer’s story  (Read 628 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 10:54:42 AM »

Good, though I like some of the non partisan personalities, the network has just been running misinformation and blind Trump defense.

Faux is a propaganda rag, but that's not a unique trait.

Both CNN and Fox News have severe right wing biases.

OK WHAT THE ACTUAL FRICK ARE YOU SAYING

ARE YOU GENUINELY SERIOUS?!?!?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!?

Trump wouldn't be President right now if it wasn't for the free unfiltered airtime CNN gave them. Their right wing bias isn't as bad as Fox, but its there.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 06:56:27 PM »

Good, though I like some of the non partisan personalities, the network has just been running misinformation and blind Trump defense.

Trump wouldn't be President right now if it wasn't for the free unfiltered airtime CNN gave them. Their right wing bias isn't as bad as Fox, but its there.

No. CNN did help Trump but mostly due for ratings reasons, not due to favoring one ideology over another. Now, CNN has seemed to have learned its lesson and has been calling out Trump's antics when it is objectively and factually wrong, but there is still that temptation from them for ratings and bothsiderism as we saw with Schultz's town hall and the constant shouting matches between right and left talking heads even when they're over issues that there should be no debate on. It's not wrong to hope that CNN does better in 2020, but to call them "right wing" still comes off as a bit hyperbolic.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 07:06:04 PM »

No. CNN did help Trump but mostly due for ratings reasons, not due to favoring one ideology over another. Now, CNN has seemed to have learned its lesson and has been calling out Trump's antics when it is objectively and factually wrong, but there is still that temptation from them for ratings and bothsiderism as we saw with Schultz's town hall and the constant shouting matches between right and left talking heads even when they're over issues that there should be no debate on. It's not wrong to hope that CNN does better in 2020, but to call them "right wing" still comes off as a bit hyperbolic.

They're doing nothing but putting his garbage out there for more people to see and buy into. Between their obsessing over his every word and having Buzzfeed-esque 'shock' headlines, like x most [adjective] lines from [Trump's latest speech] and Cillizza's many "Dems are doomed and need to cave/follow Republican policy/give up" opinion articles (which they put on their front page as if they're legitimate news headlines), they almost seem like they're trying to get Trump reelected. If they're not right wing, they certainly don't care about the consequences of his presidency beyond being a ratings machine.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 07:10:04 PM »

They're doing nothing but putting his garbage out there for more people to see and buy into. Between their obsessing over his every word and having Buzzfeed-esque 'shock' headlines, like x most [adjective] lines from [Trump's latest speech] and Cillizza's many "Dems are doomed and need to cave/follow Republican policy/give up" opinion articles (which they put on their front page as if they're legitimate news headlines), they almost seem like they're trying to get Trump reelected. If they're not right wing, they certainly don't care about the consequences of his presidency beyond being a ratings machine.

Well, like I said, ratings will always get in the way, unfortunately. But seeing Anderson Cooper or Don lemon just straight out devoting time in their programs to directly tell the viewer that the President is full of s*** is definitely a change from pre-Trump CNN.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2019, 03:42:48 PM »

Well, like I said, ratings will always get in the way, unfortunately. But seeing Anderson Cooper or Don lemon just straight out devoting time in their programs to directly tell the viewer that the President is full of s*** is definitely a change from pre-Trump CNN.
[/b]

I'll admit I haven't watched anything they have on actual TV (I don't watch much TV to start with) so most of what I've seen from them is on their website, which just an awful mess.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »

I certainly wouldn't debate on FOX News if I were a Democratic candidate.

If I were Trump, I wouldn't debate at all.

All of the debates are a sham.  They don't enlighten.  They are just an opportunity to look bad for any candidate.  And the formats of the debates are ridiculous, especially the Town Hall debates that elevate the Ken Bones of the World. 
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2019, 05:39:16 PM »

I certainly wouldn't debate on FOX News if I were a Democratic candidate.

If I were Trump, I wouldn't debate at all.

In all seriousness, Trump loves being on TV and is going to hate the ratings the Dem debates get so much that I wouldn't be surprised if he has a few Potemkin Debates with Bill Weld just to keep some eyeballs on him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2019, 07:43:06 PM »

[/b]

I'll admit I haven't watched anything they have on actual TV (I don't watch much TV to start with) so most of what I've seen from them is on their website, which just an awful mess.

I could believe that. I'm on the other end, I don't really visit their website too often, so I'm most familiar with them through cable news on the occasion that I watch them.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies