NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:41:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook  (Read 3395 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: January 10, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »

2013 = 1776, except instead of taxation without representation, we just have way too many dead kids

That's the price we have to pay for freedom.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »

So there are at least 100 thousand callous, tin-foil hat, gun fetishists out there. What a comforting thought.

And many of them are armed to the teeth.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:24:57 PM »

Most I know just get a lifetime membership, which is $1000.

Hahah, so they get paranoid hillbillies to pay them a month's salary so they can spend it on lobbying for their real clients (the multi-billion dollar gun industry). That's kind of hilarious.

It's like taking candy from a baby...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:12:02 AM »

Most I know just get a lifetime membership, which is $1000.

Hahah, so they get paranoid hillbillies to pay them a month's salary so they can spend it on lobbying for their real clients (the multi-billion dollar gun industry). That's kind of hilarious.

They wouldn't have reason to be paranoid if the lefties would stop threatening to take their guns away every time it becomes politically convenient.

When does the left do this?

I mean, I'd welcome it, but it won't happen.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 05:17:24 AM »

If your goal is to reduce gun violence, I think asking if NRA members are often involved in violent gun crimes isn't a dumb question.  You can see it differently if you want, but to me it just looks like you guys don't actually want to discuss the issue, you just want to feel smug.

It is irrelevant whether those gun nuts are NRA members or not. You're just trying to create a distraction and find an excuse for NRA's reprehensible stance.

Whether the NRA members are violent themselves is irrelevant, they actively support an organization that lobbies for policies that make gun violence easier and more common.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 05:45:05 AM »

What policy do you want to debate? I've not seen many arguments from the pro-gun side, to be honest, except for the "Yay 2nd amendment!" line.

I've never been convinced that any problem guns "solve" wasn't created by them in the first place.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 05:52:49 AM »

Alright. I wish to abolish the 2nd amendment, as I don't believe people have an inherent right to a gun, and because it seems evident that easy accessibility to guns in society has a strong corelation to rates of violent crime and further leads to a "culture of fear" where everyone needs more guns to protect themselves and so on. And to fight the evil federal government, when they come to take away the guns, of course.

I imagine you dispute my findings and disagree with the conclusion.

Is our debate over then?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 05:59:57 AM »

eegads man....the fear is stong with this one

Ok, how's about something you think might actually have a change at getting passed?

But that's the issue: Nothing that would seriously help solve the problem has even a remote chance of being passed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies