Maps For This Scenario: 2012 Primary Newt, Mitt, Thune, Johnson, Rudy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:31:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Maps For This Scenario: 2012 Primary Newt, Mitt, Thune, Johnson, Rudy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maps For This Scenario: 2012 Primary Newt, Mitt, Thune, Johnson, Rudy  (Read 1829 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 18, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »

If Thune takes Iowa (some of which is inside SD's media market), I think he will run the table in the South except for the others' home states.  he could bring the fiscal and social conservative wings of the party together like no other GOP candidate could.

Romney, if he thinks Thune is running, has to be fearing him more than any other GOP contender.

Thune's biggest threat is Palin, but I think Palin is finished within the GOP, esp if she keeps doing interviews. 

What do the taking heads (Hannity/Rush/Beck) think of Thune?  Thune will need them to help derail Palin.  Iowa gives Thune the perfect chance to present a reason for the talking heads to unite behind him.  And if Thune gets FOXNews and talk radio in this corner, the nomination is his.

Basically, Palin needs to leave the stage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies