2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Alabama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:42:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Alabama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Alabama  (Read 49158 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 04, 2023, 12:45:26 AM »

Yes but I suspect it's for show, and if it isn’t, solely dra linked maps will likely be chucked on quantity.

This isn't disagreeing with "for show," but it can be for show and not fake at the same time. State governments love going "and THIS map was submitted by a local 15 year old in Mobile who has taken a strong interest in local affairs" and it's literally just the map they wanted to begin with.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 01:45:42 PM »

Black Mobilians deserve to be counted among and have influence in the community where they actually live, not to be attached to far-flung corners of the state with very different interests. 

Dude, I'm from Dallas, TX and the DFW area is a pretty clear set of communities. In the current Congressional map, Denton, Texas is lumped in with the Panhandle nearly a thousand miles away (TX-13) and parts of Collin County are lumped in with Texarkana in the far northeast (TX-04). If I go 10 miles east of where I am into the Mesquite area, within Dallas County itself, the district goes way off to deep rural areas way southeast of here. (TX-05)

I have very very very little patience for Republicans sanctimoniously lecturing about keeping communities of interest together. It's BS and you know it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 06:28:05 PM »

National CD map with Alabama added. If we also see redraws in states like LA, FL, even GA and SC the black belt gonna become much more substantial.

We'll also have to see how Rs deal with NC-01.

I know it's pointless to ask now given that there'll be even more map changes before the election, but on this map how many Biden districts and Trump districts?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies