Does Corzine deserve to get re-elected? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:38:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does Corzine deserve to get re-elected? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: It's your choose.
Yes

No (Normal)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Does Corzine deserve to get re-elected?  (Read 10779 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: June 24, 2007, 06:46:07 AM »

Here are some of his accomplishments:

Civil Unions, expect gay marriage within a year.
First budget in 6 years with no new taxes, tax increase
$2,300,000,000  in tax relief
20% reduction in property taxes in new budget
Ban on dual office holding
Strongest global warming bill in the country

Government transparency, "christmas tree" gifts (earmarks) available to view online
Stem Cell research referendum
Significant tax cut for low income families, described as "a double tax cut"

The ones in bold are certainly not accomplishments by my standards.  Aside from, the dual office ban has not taken effect, my property taxes are going up 24%, so really he does nothing according to your list
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:20:24 PM »

Government transparency, "christmas tree" gifts (earmarks) available to view online

The ones in bold are certainly not accomplishments by my standards.  Aside from, the dual office ban has not taken effect, my property taxes are going up 24%, so really he does nothing according to your list
The ones in bold also happen to be supported by the overwhelming majority of New Jerseyans except for gay marriage which is just a majority. Those are only for this year so far. Also the ban on dual office holding was just signed into law or will be before the 30th. As for your property taxes, I doubt they went up 24% and you should expect your tax cut soon.
Since 1996, my property taxes have gone up by 50%, which is ridiculous. So I doubt yours have gone up by 24% in just one year.

I strongly advise you ask someone you know that lives in this area, because my taxes are going up 24%, although I doubt there is an article about it online.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »

The ones in bold also happen to be supported by the overwhelming majority of New Jerseyans except for gay marriage which is just a majority. Those are only for this year so far. Also the ban on dual office holding was just signed into law or will be before the 30th. As for your property taxes, I doubt they went up 24% and you should expect your tax cut soon.
Since 1996, my property taxes have gone up by 50%, which is ridiculous. So I doubt yours have gone up by 24% in just one year.

I strongly advise you ask someone you know that lives in this area, because my taxes are going up 24%, although I doubt there is an article about it online.

Thats about as likely to be true as you being a libertarian. 

Finally you acknowledge!  However, my property taxes are going up 24%, which I guess is not really a state issue, however, I don't need any new state taxes when my property taxes are like that.  Are the town's reassesment last year we have gone through the roof.  When my parents moved in in the late 80s, the taxes were about $4,000 and next year they will be about $14,000
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »

Finally you acknowledge!  However, my property taxes are going up 24%, which I guess is not really a state issue, however, I don't need any new state taxes when my property taxes are like that.  Are the town's reassesment last year we have gone through the roof.  When my parents moved in in the late 80s, the taxes were about $4,000 and next year they will be about $14,000

Dude, your property taxes?  Aren't you sixteen?

Yeah, so?  How much disposable income my family has effects things like what kind of car I will get next year when I drive and what things I can afford to buy without having to get a job. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:39:25 AM »

Dude, your property taxes?  Aren't you sixteen?

Yeah, so?  How much disposable income my family has effects things like what kind of car I will get next year when I drive and what things I can afford to buy without having to get a job. 

If you're so into getting money for nothing, why aren't you a Democrat?

I'll guess it was sarcasm, but I am looking for help with money my family earned that I hope to in turn return some day by working hard when the time is right.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 05:52:53 PM »

I'll say that he does deserve re-election, as I am more than willing to give people second chances.  He made a horrible mistake, but he apologized, and I'm taking his word for it and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

That just means we don't run him out of the state, it doesn't mean we give him another term.  That's like if you are given the choice between a good human being a murderer who has apoligized.  You don't have to pick the murderer just because he has made good.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:16:22 AM »

1.  If they are paying $14,000 in property taxes the home is worth close to $1,000,000 if not more

Not necessarily.  My parents pay slightly less in property taxes ($12k+), and have a home valued at slightly more than $500,000.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Doug Forrester was attacked in 2002 and 2005 for a similar single year tax hike when he was mayor of West Windsor -- it had to do with an emergency capital expense.  Agreed: 24% tax increases (and that's a MASSIVE increase) are almost exclusively caused by major -- and urgent -- issues where the township's hands are often tied.

Though honestly, through my research, I can't find a Bergen County town whose property taxes have jumped 24% in the last year.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Being rich through home appreciation is not really being rich.

Mr. Moderate, the increase is for next year and BTW as Verily mentioned my town is Rutherford.  We do not have any pressing school needs, however, due to the failures of EnCap our town has to pick up the tab which accounts for the increase.  My home is also valued at about $850,000, not a million
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »

The sad thing is the hypothetical $1,000,000 home we're talking about would likely be a tear down: whomever buys it is paying for the land.

A thirty or forty year old home isn't worth $6,000 a month.  I don't care how nice Saddle River is.

Speaking of low taxes, Saddle River's are among the lowest.  When you have no schools and a small police and fire force, that's not hard to do.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 02:29:35 PM »

The sad thing is the hypothetical $1,000,000 home we're talking about would likely be a tear down: whomever buys it is paying for the land.

A thirty or forty year old home isn't worth $6,000 a month.  I don't care how nice Saddle River is.

Speaking of low taxes, Saddle River's are among the lowest.  When you have no schools and a small police and fire force, that's not hard to do.

Well, yeah, when everyone can afford to send their kids to private schools, you don't need property taxes. Saddle River is also the 27th-wealthiest town in the United States.

True, also what is the difference in wealth between Saddle River and Upper Saddle River?  I drive through both on my way to my grandparent's house in Airmont, NY and I think the difference is huge.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 03:24:49 PM »

Eh, my parents live in Alexandria Township, which has no high school and no police station (they rely on State Troopers), and their taxes are well over $10k.

That surprises me, however, I assume that is the exception
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 03:50:50 PM »

Smash, it's real easy, you only like hiim because you have a good governor and don't have to deal with this retard
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 08:01:21 AM »

Smash, it's real easy, you only like hiim because you have a good governor and don't have to deal with this retard

Sorry little boy, but just because someone has property tax relief which focuses on making those in the middle and working class lives easier as opposed to policies which make it easier for a spoiled rich kid's parents to buy him a nicer car and so that spoiled rich kid can buy what he wants without getting a job does not make the guy a retard.  You lost all credibility to bitch about Corzine when those were some of the reasons you gave for disliking him.

Those weren't reasons I gave for disliking him, those were reasons I gave for why taxes effected me, you should probably actually read what I say.  However, the point remains it's really easy to sit in NY and say you like this guy.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 04:52:04 PM »

Sorry little boy, but just because someone has property tax relief which focuses on making those in the middle and working class lives easier as opposed to policies which make it easier for a spoiled rich kid's parents to buy him a nicer car and so that spoiled rich kid can buy what he wants without getting a job does not make the guy a retard.  You lost all credibility to bitch about Corzine when those were some of the reasons you gave for disliking him.

Those weren't reasons I gave for disliking him, those were reasons I gave for why taxes effected me, you should probably actually read what I say.  However, the point remains it's really easy to sit in NY and say you like this guy.

The problem is that you haven't actually given any reasons that you don't like him other than "OMG my taxes are going up!!!1111"

He's raised the sales tax, created a budget standstill, approved of the civil unions and represents all that is wrong about the Democratic machine in NJ.  Codey should be the governor and I think it would only be justice for him to take what is rightfully his.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 09:04:57 AM »

Well I think question needs to be raised again.  BTW, for anyone who still doesn't believe it is readily available information that my taxes went up 33% in the last two years now
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 10:45:01 AM »

Well I think question needs to be raised again.  BTW, for anyone who still doesn't believe it is readily available information that my taxes went up 33% in the last two years now

Your taxes?  Or mommy and daddy's taxes?

Makes no difference, bottom line it effects the money that I have to spend Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 11:54:09 AM »

BTW, for anyone who still doesn't believe it is readily available information that my taxes went up 33% in the last two years now

Which specific taxes are you talking about? Property taxes based on revaluations or something else?
Property taxes based on corrupt deals with EnCap and raising police salaries through the roof.  Quick fact, who makes more the police chief of suburban Rutherford or the police chief of NYC?  Did you guess NYC?  Sorry thanks for playing.  Rutherford $175,000 to NYC $150,000
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »

Property taxes based on corrupt deals with EnCap and raising police salaries through the roof. 

Umm, I highly doubt the property tax rate went up 33%. Everybody's homes get revalued annually and you taxes will go up as a result, it's the same way here in New Hampshire.

And don't the towns set their own property tax rates?

I don't think I implied Corzine was completly responsible for my tax problem, it just a recurring theme throughout the state, that along with his ballot measure failures, should doom him
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies