Opinion of this map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:05:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of this map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: This map is a...
Freedom Map

Horrible Map

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Opinion of this map  (Read 2319 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: May 31, 2009, 04:06:36 AM »

Also, I don't see Ireland as more stable than the United Kingdom.

Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

I actually agree with it pretty much. Canada is more stable than the US as it doesn't have any real Detroits or East St. Louises. The same is also true of the blue countries for the most part (well maybe not Australia.) The European countries more comparable in the US in this sense are all green.

Find me a Detroit in Australia. The closest you'll find is Footscray or Redfern, which would be high-quality suburbs in Oakland, or Newark or Detroit. There are a few issues with some rural indigenous communities, but no worse than Canada or the US. Not to say they aren't horrible, of course.

The map is ridiculous, sure, but Australia's placement is the highest group is fair enough. We're almost impossible to invade, we have our government based away from any potential threats internal or external, our military is perfectly happy to be a wing of the government and not it's commander, and we've had functioning, representative democracy for over a century, with a strong division of powers and a pretty good constitution. Even if the government ever did fall, it would be for another government who used the same methods, and would cause an election - see 1975.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies