2012 COTU (SOTU) Speech to a Joint Session of Congress official commentary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:11:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 COTU (SOTU) Speech to a Joint Session of Congress official commentary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 COTU (SOTU) Speech to a Joint Session of Congress official commentary  (Read 9931 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: January 24, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

This is why Obama is better in speaking platitudes than Romney, Politico.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »

Obama is the best speaker since Kennedy, probably, so there's no argument here. But being a good speaker does not make you a good executive, or make your Administration worthy of re-election.
But most importantly it gets you re-elected against clowns like Gingrich or flip-flop make a gaffe every 5 minutes Romney. I suggest you go dormant until 2016, your Romney clowning is getting annoying. We all know no important change will happen until then anyway(unemployment will hover between 7-10%, and no policy changes).
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2012, 09:56:45 PM by seatown »

Obama is the best speaker since Kennedy, probably, so there's no argument here. But being a good speaker does not make you a good executive, or make your Administration worthy of re-election.
But most importantly it gets you re-elected against clowns like Gingrich or flip-flop make a gaffe every 5 minutes Romney. I suggest you go dormant until 2016, your Romney clowning is getting annoying. We all know no important change will happen until then anyway(unemployment will hover between 7-10%, and no policy changes).

I care about America, and I do not want what you describe to happen. George W. Bush did not deserve re-election, and neither does Barack Obama. The nation cannot go on like this. I honestly believe that Romney will take care of business in Washington, DC.
Nothing will change until 2016. Do I need to repeat that for you?
edit: Unless Romney gets a full mandate(less than 1% chance), and Romney gets an extra strong dose of tea, then we might see some riots.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »

I care about America, and I do not want what you describe to happen. George W. Bush did not deserve re-election, and neither does Barack Obama. The nation cannot go on like this. I honestly believe that Romney will take care of business in Washington, DC.

We cannot go on like this. Do I need to repeat that for you?
Say thanks to the tea party.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »

We cannot go on like this. Do I need to repeat that for you?

And the fact you think Romney will fix this shows how lit myopic you are.

I know we cannot go on like this. Furthermore, I know with 100% certainty that sticking with Obama is not going to change anything. Therefore, I will take my chances with Romney because at least I do not know with 100% certainty what will happen. Some chance of improvement is better than no chance of improvement.
There's also the possibility of tea overdose, but you never considered that, the hack that you are.

Back on topic, we are seeing a neocon Obama moment.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »

After tonight, I''ll put Mitt Romney's odds of getting even 220 EVs at 0%.  All of this GOP fight made me really forget about how Obama really was.

We've basically been watching four minor league players competing for a callup to pitch a spot start against the Yankees.
I think Ron Paul doesn't really fit into this analogy.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:19:01 PM »

Why didn't he address social issues 😡
Because the economy is in the sh**tter?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:24:38 PM »

Why didn't he address social issues 😡
Because the economy is in the sh**tter?
I'm aware the economy isn't doing so hot but if he would address ending abortion the economics would improve.
What planet do you live on again?
to Politico: sorry buddy, but this guy is a lot more entertaining to engage into a conversation with.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »

You need to play President forever, on easy, and play as Romney. Hopefully it'll help you purge this and you can re-join us in the real world
Link?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 11:34:21 PM »

After tonight, I''ll put Mitt Romney's odds of getting even 220 EVs at 0%.

Most of America is not going to be fooled by his smooth-talking ways again.

I agree.  Romney's screwed.

It is becoming more and more obivous to people, expect Politico and NHI that Barack Obama is on whole different level then Mitt Romney.

It is like choosing between Tom Brady and Alex Smith.........

The only people this speech will inspire are those whose vote were never really in doubt. To the undecided, this kind of speech does nothing.
You may want to check Bushie's latest facebook update.
I thought Bushie swings whichever way the wind blows, no?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies