Youngest Forum Member? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:39:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Youngest Forum Member? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Youngest Forum Member?  (Read 13001 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: January 27, 2007, 09:50:10 AM »

Anyone know who the youngest forum member is?  I do not believe it is myself but I am curious
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »

I used to be, Im not sure if that still stands though, as it's been a while.

May 16th, 1991

Beat me by about a month
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:01:59 AM »

Well, I started this thread thinking I might the youngest.  Of course, SoS beat me by a month.  By now it seems like I'm middle-aged.  BTW, it seems like the new posters we have now are nerds.  Believe me, its worth it to relax a little and not be so nerdy.  The kids that are ranked like top five in my class pretty much don't leave their houses.  Put the book down and get outside, believe me you can still be the political know-it-all of the school
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:58:41 AM »

Embrace your nerdiness! My friends, you'll be better off than I in the future. If want to reject it, get out if the house! Enjoy summer before you have to get a summer job like me! Play golf, get a girlfriend you can make love to on the beach, go swimming! Summer is so much fun when you dont have to work! Sometimes I wish I was 14-16 again...
Unless your in NJ, then 17 is the best summer.  I have no job and a car and the shore under an hour away
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »

I'm kind of a weird combination of nerd and jock. I play a lot of sports but still have some nerdish qualities to myself.
^^^^
Yeah, that's pretty much me, I think a lot of people are like that though.  Being too much of a nerd is not a good, but being too much of a jock sets you up for a crash later in life
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 01:58:04 PM »

Well I'll wind up only having 3 letters in HS, but I hate when people have 9-10 letters because they run track in all three seasons.  I dedicate myself to being great at my one sport
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 04:41:36 PM »

BTW, it seems like the new posters we have now are nerds.

Never insult me like that again.

How is being called a 'nerd' an insult?

I don't deny reality. I am a nerd.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've come to accept my identity as a nerd and I love it. Back in my idiotic class 9C last year they always used to call me that, they even said I was the most nerdy looking, which was quiet odd. It's always good when your a nerd, especially a political nerd to ramble on about every single leader of the Soviet Union from 1921-1991 in English class, when we are doing something related to George Orwell's Animal Farm. I'm sure I pissed off alot of people that day and I'm proud of it Smiley.
What you said does not sound like a nerd.  If you know a lot about politics because that's your passion, that's really the same as knowing a lot about a sport.  When I think nerd I think one of those kids that studies every waking hour hoping to be number one in the class but lacks any real world knowledge.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 08:07:54 PM »

Yeah but my music would actually work unlike Darth Nader or whatever it was called. Trust me I am in touch with the music scene nowdays.
That is easily the most naive comment ever.  Do you realize how impossible it is to strike big as musician even with a ton of talent?  Especially considering the untalented people with great connections.  That's like wanting to be a pro athlete, except pro athlete is a better shot
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »

Yeah but my music would actually work unlike Darth Nader or whatever it was called. Trust me I am in touch with the music scene nowdays.
That is easily the most naive comment ever.  Do you realize how impossible it is to strike big as musician even with a ton of talent?  Especially considering the untalented people with great connections.  That's like wanting to be a pro athlete, except pro athlete is a better shot
Of course it is hard to strike it big, but I don't want it big. Oh yeah and you are not one to talk. My cousin works in the Music Industry, and I know lots of people who have done stuff dealing with it. I want to be in a band that has a van but is still reasonably popular and plays a lot of small shows. Besides the only large bands that play music that I would that have made it huge are Green Day, and Fall Out Boy. I honestly wouldn't do it for money or to be a superstar, I want to do it for the music and the experience of touring.
How I am not one to talk?  I never said I wanted to chase a ridiculous dream for a profession
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »

Luckily? That's terrible! How else will you get attention from your teachers? You'll need it for college.
I don't want attention for teachers. I actually want to be in a band for a job in the future. I really am not much like the rest of you guys I guess. Tongue
I was in a band. Let's just say you shouldn't bank on it working.
What do you know about what my band did, anyway?
Nothing
Then you shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. We played a popular genre but we knew it wasn't getting anywhere because nobody ever does get anywhere. It's almost like playing the lotto.
Unless your playing the Powerball the lotto has better odds
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »

Of course it is hard to strike it big, but I don't want it big. Oh yeah and you are not one to talk. My cousin works in the Music Industry, and I know lots of people who have done stuff dealing with it. I want to be in a band that has a van but is still reasonably popular and plays a lot of small shows. Besides the only large bands that play music that I would that have made it huge are Green Day, and Fall Out Boy. I honestly wouldn't do it for money or to be a superstar, I want to do it for the music and the experience of touring.
How I am not one to talk?  I never said I wanted to chase a ridiculous dream for a profession
Well anyways do you see what I mean now? Besides I said I would prefer to be in a band as a job, I realize it isn't that realistic.
No I don't see what you mean, I mean I agree with your last post, but it totally negates the one I said was ridiculous.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »

Why don't you? I said I would be content as a van band, that makes an okay amount of money and is reasonably popular, but I even doubt that would happen so I don't see it as realistic.
The first post you argued that your band would hit it big cause your cousin was in the music industry, then in the second post you said you realized you had no chance.  Kind of hard to disagree with both of those don't you think?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies