Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:04:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Backs Gay Marriage!  (Read 33265 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 09, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »

A friendly reminder before Willard goes on the attack.
Romney's position has "evolved," too ... backwards! He must be the only person in the country who was more comfortable with gay rights in the 1990's than he is now.

In the 90s, Obama actually wrote a paper in full support of gay marriage, so up until this point he was just as much a flip flopper as Romney on the issue.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »

It will be great when society moves off this issue, but the liberals are simply going to keep inventing new minorities. Homosexuals, transexuals, don't tell me this ain't a slippery slope.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »

It will be great when society moves off this issue, but the liberals are simply going to keep inventing new minorities. Homosexuals, transexuals, don't tell me this ain't a slippery slope.

It's the minorities who are 'inventing' themselves, thank you, and...I mean, no, this isn't a slippery slope, or at least there's no reason why it has to be. Why should it be? We've been in the process of reevaluating the issue of gender roles and their implications, which is a specific issue and not some sort of locus of unrelated affairs, for a couple of centuries now.

Looks like Obama alienated about half the hispanic votes in key swing states.  Oh, and I thought Romney was a flip flopper on issues, Obama supporters can be hypocrites at times.

Hispanics support gay marriage at about the same rate as non-Hispanic whites these days.

"Gender roles", another ridiculous term. People can't change gender roles, people also don't define them. Those gender roles exist because of human nature, and people aren't going to change that, no matter how much they try to manipulate it.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »

You know, it's one of the greatest mysteries of our time that the GOP decided it would be wise to keep their hard line on immigration. In fact, Ann Coulter has written an article recently implying she wants to decrease legal immigration, and is upset this isn't a priority for the GOP. Insanity.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »

Another reason why he must be removed, anything to steal the spotlight from the Tea Parties victory in Indiana. Good job North Carolina in banning gay marriage. Indiana will be doing so in 2014.

The Tea Party is one of the reasons Romney will lose, and also why the GOP is becoming completely irrelevant outside the south. So enjoy that victory while you can.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »

Another reason why he must be removed, anything to steal the spotlight from the Tea Parties victory in Indiana. Good job North Carolina in banning gay marriage. Indiana will be doing so in 2014.

The Tea Party is one of the reasons Romney will lose, and also why the GOP is becoming completely irrelevant outside the south. So enjoy that victory while you can.

I never thought I would find myself in agreement with one of your posts on anything.

I'm definately with them on the issues, but it's undeniable that their rhetoric and mob mentality is destroying the party's credibility.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »

Santorum's response:

“The announcement today by President Obama should come as no surprise to the American public.  President Obama has consistently fought against protecting the institution of marriage from radical social engineering at both the state and federal level.  The President recently opposed the North Carolina constitutional amendment and, of course, he refused to defend President Clinton’s Defense of Marriage Act before the U.S. Supreme court.  The charade is now over, no doubt an attempt to galvanize his core hard left supporters in advance of the November election.

Thankfully the American public, when it has had an opportunity to consider the real world consequences of such a fundamental change to our society, has consistently voted for maintaining one man one woman marriage - the basic building block of our society.  I will continue to fight to make sure that the cultural elites don’t further undermine the institution that gives the best opportunity for healthy, happy children and a just and prosperous society.” 

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/santorum-responds-to-obama-charade-is-now-over

Compare this to what Romney said. This is what would motivate base turnout. Can anyone seriously imagine Romney as a compelling messenger for this argument?

It might motivate base turnout, but how are suburban swing voters going to react to that? How about white collar/economically oriented voters? Those are the votes Romney needs, and the GOP also needs to expand beyond that base and build a new one. Which is why I say we really need to move on from this issue.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »

It's the minorities who are 'inventing' themselves, thank you, and...I mean, no, this isn't a slippery slope, or at least there's no reason why it has to be. Why should it be? We've been in the process of reevaluating the issue of gender roles and their implications, which is a specific issue and not some sort of locus of unrelated affairs, for a couple of centuries now.

Looks like Obama alienated about half the hispanic votes in key swing states.  Oh, and I thought Romney was a flip flopper on issues, Obama supporters can be hypocrites at times.

Hispanics support gay marriage at about the same rate as non-Hispanic whites these days.

"Gender roles", another ridiculous term. People can't change gender roles, people also don't define them. Those gender roles exist because of human nature, and people aren't going to change that, no matter how much they try to manipulate it.
As I understand this, you support women going back to the kitchen?

No. However, I do recognize that women are better suited to be homemakers then men.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies