HB 26-17: The Youth Preparedness Act of 2020 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:52:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 26-17: The Youth Preparedness Act of 2020 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 26-17: The Youth Preparedness Act of 2020 (Passed)  (Read 1719 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: December 01, 2020, 08:52:58 PM »

It says may include a faith based organization. This kind of organization doesn't seem to be the main beneficiary and it has to be representative of a signifant segment of the community so it's not some minuscule or radical group.
i. The term community-based organization means a youth-serving private nonprofit organization (which may include a faith-based organization) that—
    ii. is representative of a community or a significant segment of a community;
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 10:53:28 PM »

Nay
Removing May include faith based organizations in the text doesn't exclude them. I view the text as giving a specification, but removing the words doesn't disqualify these organizations if they fit the criteria. I see it as a cosmetic change that doesn't change much, so nay just for that.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 11:13:57 PM »

Maybe people have said all they wanted. I motion for a final vote. (but if people wanted to add something I will retract the motion to let debate continue)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 05:34:13 PM »

ok. I'm withrawing my motion. It seemed quiet so I presumed it was finished. Sorry.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 05:35:39 PM »

Wait, you've added: Which may not include a faith based organization. That is a total exclusion.

We started with Which may include. Some people wanted some discrimination protection from organization. Exclusion is the radical option. Why not make the independent council decide if the organizations meet the standards, including faith-based organizations.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 10:03:56 PM »

Nay
The exclusion of faith based organizations was added out of the blue at the end. The original proposal included faith based organizations. I understand comments made about religious discrimination as people wanted to have protection and assurances. The indepedent council looking at organizations to see if they meet criteria could do the job of supervision if a criteria of non-discrimination or religious freedom is added.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies