Californians paying zero attention to governor's race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:05:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Californians paying zero attention to governor's race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Californians paying zero attention to governor's race  (Read 3554 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 04, 2014, 11:57:45 PM »

Kashkari just lives in the wrong state. He would be much better off in neighboring states of Nevada or Arizona

I saw him speak once. He is a very intelligent and well-spoken person, but there was no way he was going to win this race.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:17:54 AM »

Kashkari just lives in the wrong state. He would be much better off in neighboring states of Nevada or Arizona

I saw him speak once. He is a very intelligent and well-spoken person, but there was no way he was going to win this race.

Are you sure?  After what happened in Maryland, I think anything is possible in California now...  Tongue

If all else fails, we re-elect incumbents. Tongue Last time an incumbent Governor was defeated was 1966.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:05:20 AM »

Are you sure?  After what happened in Maryland, I think anything is possible in California now...  Tongue

If all else fails, we re-elect incumbents. Tongue Last time an incumbent Governor was defeated was 1966.

You can't recall an election in 2003?

I went back and forth on whether to count that one, because the dynamics of a recall election are so different from a normal vote. It's also worth noting that the year before, Gray Davis won re-election while being as popular as Ebola.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:23:39 AM »

You can't recall an election in 2003?

I went back and forth on whether to count that one, because the dynamics of a recall election are so different from a normal vote. It's also worth noting that the year before, Gray Davis won re-election while being as popular as Ebola.

Well, put a different way, no Democratic California governor not named Edmund Brown has ever been governor for more than 5 years.

I love silly factoids like that. A personal favorite of mine: since 1928, every Republican ticket for President to win has had Nixon or Bush on it. Republicans might want to draft Jeb for 2016.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »

WTF happened in Lassen County? Kashkari lived around Lake Tahoe for awhile when he decided to go all mountain man, but that isn't Lassen...

I remember it gave the largest margin of any county to recall Gray Davis. I don't know why, but it occasionally seems to give an ultra-Republican result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies