Californians paying zero attention to governor's race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:38:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Californians paying zero attention to governor's race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Californians paying zero attention to governor's race  (Read 3555 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: November 05, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »

Republicans are winning an assembly district in the Bay Area. This is an inner east bay suburban district and this is not the sort of place that has a large drop in turnout in midterm elections. I grew up here and I watched it turn from a Republican area into a Democratic area that kicked out Richard Pombo and elected Jerry Mcnerney. Maybe things are turning back as Democrats stick to their union allies and don't work for the people of California.
http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/state-assembly/district/16/
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:07:37 PM »

Republicans are winning an assembly district in the Bay Area. This is an inner east bay suburban district and this is not the sort of place that has a large drop in turnout in midterm elections. I grew up here and I watched it turn from a Republican area into a Democratic area that kicked out Richard Pombo and elected Jerry Mcnerney. Maybe things are turning back as Democrats stick to their union allies and don't work for the people of California.
http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/state-assembly/district/16/

I think inner would mean 510 area code not 925 area code. We'll see who wins when all the votes are counted. Still pretty weird.

Millions more ballots remain to be counted.

Yeah, honesty I should just check back in two weeks.

Our current Secretary of State sucks, and the office as a whole is terribly inefficient and ineffective. Bowen was just planning to use that office as a stepping stone, but luckily lost the primary for a seat in Congress.

Not that Padilla will likely be any better. He's trying to move up in the ranks too, doubt he cares at all about being Secretary of State. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise everyone and do something groundbreaking like fixing their website...

Better a Democratic SoS that counts votes slow but reliably than a Republican SoS who steals elections.

Haha wow that is a fukcup on my part. I meant outer east bay. Anyways, neither me nor my family have lived there in a while. I don't know much about the Republican candidate except she is from my town. The Republicans in Pleasanton tend to be moderate although you may consider them extreme on fiscal/union issues. The race should tighten a bit but she will win. I can pretty much call it based on the margin she already has.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »

All of California suffered from poor turnout but it really affected the result in Southern California and the Central Valley. In the end Brown should carry SD county when everything is counted but the margin of victory for Kashkari in San Bernardino is quite shocking. I am surprised Aguilar could hang on in that environment.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 11:29:05 PM »

All of California suffered from poor turnout but it really affected the result in Southern California and the Central Valley. In the end Brown should carry SD county when everything is counted but the margin of victory for Kashkari in San Bernardino is quite shocking. I am surprised Aguilar could hang on in that environment.

Wait until the votes are counted to talk about turnout.

True. The numbers could move a lot. Exit polls are still showing almost a 21 point win for Brown. Still, San Bernardino will likely be a Kashkari county even after the count is done. That is pretty surprising considering Brown's margin of victory. Where Brown really overperformed is in the Sacramento area and the Bay Area to a lesser extent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies