Who is the most to blame for Hillary Clinton's loss? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:31:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who is the most to blame for Hillary Clinton's loss? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is the most to blame for Hillary Clinton's loss?  (Read 2491 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 18, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »

The people of the United States. Her loss represents a collective failure of the country.

This, although it's incredibly important to always remember that the American voters chose Hillary to be president by a nearly 3 million vote margin, only to have their voice stomped out by the Deplorable College.

She knew the rules of the game before she played. She knew she needed electoral votes and she neglected to even visit places like Wisconsin.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 10:13:52 PM »

A combination of the following -

Putin
Comey
Bernie-bros
Bernie Sanders
Obama (And his good looks)
DWS (And DNC)
Misogynistic & sexist people

But of course not Hillary herself
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »

I don't really agree with Trump as the answer, because a generic Republican probably would have done better (Trump's totals, plus 75% of Gary Johnson's numbers.) The Republican establishment did back Trump once he became the nominee, so that is a factor.

The overwhelming majority of the vote was already settled, so that's a major factor (at least 40% of the voters will vote Republican.) The political environment wasn't great for Hillary, running to keep the White House for the third term for her party.

I'd put the blame on Hillary and Obama.

Hillary made severe tactical errors, and never articulated a message for her campaign. The email controversy came from an effort to skirt government accountability laws, and she took way too long to offer an apology. Her focus on minorities and boutique liberal causes in the primary convinced working class white voters (who faced declining life expectancies, which doesn't happen a lot in the civilized world) that she wasn't offering a solution to their problems. Her staff was in disarray, and they didn't feel comfortable criticizing her.

Obama appointed Debbie Wasserman-Schultz as head of the DNC. He didn't really care all that much about the DNC, which came back to bite the party in the ass, when they weren't able to use resources effectively.

I don't really agree with that. I believe Trump's appeal was unique and allowed him to be more electable than a generic Republican
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies