Opinion of Stephanie Murphy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:43:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Stephanie Murphy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: former Congresswoman from FL (2017-2023)
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Opinion of Stephanie Murphy  (Read 261 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2024, 01:12:40 AM »

well?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 02:48:32 AM »

One of the worst types of Democrat
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 07:23:38 AM »

HP for retiring when she did. What's the point of amassing a conservative Democrat voting record when you're just going to head for the hills when the going gets tough?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 04:37:47 PM »

HP for retiring when she did. What's the point of amassing a conservative Democrat voting record when you're just going to head for the hills when the going gets tough?

Tell that to Joe Manchin too.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 06:15:12 PM »

It wouldn't have mattered whether Manchin ran this year in the slightest, lmao. Democrats would be slaughtered with or without Manchin...only difference would be a 20-point Republican landslide rather than a 40-point landslide.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2024, 06:17:15 PM »

It wouldn't have mattered whether Manchin ran this year in the slightest, lmao. Democrats would be slaughtered with or without Manchin...only difference would be a 20-point Republican landslide rather than a 40-point landslide.

I agree. My point is that he undermined so much of Biden's agenda t seemingly come across as "moderate" only for that not to matter since he won't be facing voters again. If his last term was spent being more progressive, I'd be more forgiving.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 06:25:15 PM »

I agree. My point is that he undermined so much of Biden's agenda t seemingly come across as "moderate" only for that not to matter since he won't be facing voters again. If his last term was spent being more progressive, I'd be more forgiving.

I mean, I feel like Manchin is genuinely just a centrist/moderate D? Sure, it was also politically expedient given WV, and I'm sure that in some instances state politics compelled him to vote against his personal belief (like maybe the Kavanaugh confirmation vote since that was right in the middle of a tough campaign), but I do think that on the whole Manchin was pretty clearly a conservadem. He's never lied about who he was. I'd say be grateful for Manchin because he was still the most liberal candidate who could be elected from there (barring a sleeper stealth liberal who kept his real views hidden for decades only to self-activate after 2018).

If it was a blue state Dem then yes I'd agree with you, but given the composite ideology of those that voted for Manchin, he votes pretty reasonably. Be glad he's still a moderate Dem who's liberal 50% of the time and not a hard-right R who's liberal 0% of the time (as so many Blue Dogs, in WV and elsewhere, have become).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2024, 08:14:01 PM »

He reportedly had gubernatorial ambitions or sought to leave that door open. It's also possible he was thinking he might run again for re-election too. Having an ultra-progressive voting record would have destroyed his chances in either.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2024, 03:35:48 PM »

Cowardly HP
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length