Cruz or Trump: Who'd lose the presidential election by a bigger margin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:53:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Cruz or Trump: Who'd lose the presidential election by a bigger margin?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Cruz

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 94

Author Topic: Cruz or Trump: Who'd lose the presidential election by a bigger margin?  (Read 3493 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2015, 11:30:12 AM »

394: Fmr. Sec. Hillary Clinton(D-NY)/Gov. Steve Bullock(D-MT) - 52.1%
144: Sen. Ted Cruz(R-TX)/Rep. Justin Amash(R-MI) - 45.6%
Other: 2.2%

331: Fmr. Sec. Hillary Clinton(D-NY)/Gov. Bill Walker(I-AK) - 50.6%
207: Businessman Donald Trump(R-NY)/Sen. Joni Ernst(R-IA) - 47.0%
Other: 2.3%
RR1997
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 11:51:04 AM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/08/26/demographics_and_the_2016_election_scenarios.html

Call me crazy, but I think that the white vote will stay about the same when compared to 2012. Trump will do worse quite worse with suburban whites, but this can be made up by disaffected blue-collar workers, as I and Rfayette have already suggested. I predict that Trump will win around 60% of the white vote, which is the same percentage that Romney got.

Black vote stays about the same. I could actually see Trump improving a percentage point or two with black voters, since Trump is arguably a better candidate for black voters than Romney was. After all, Trump does have a great relationship with the blacks Tongue

I predict that black voter turnout will drop to the mid 50's (it was in the mid 60's in 2012) since Obama isn't on the ballot.

Hispanic voters will obviously not like Trump. I could see Hillary earning 80-85% of the Hispanic vote at the worst, and 90% at best. I predict that she would get 85% in this scenario. I think that Hispanic voter turnout would increase from 48% in 2012 to somewhere between 60%-65% in 2016.

Asian-American voters will also be turned-off by Trump's anti-immigration rhetoric. I predict that Hillary would earn around 80%-85% of the Asian-American vote. I could also see the Asian-American turnout increasing to 60-65%. It was 49% in 2012.

I posted a link to an interactive map on the top of this post. On that interactive tool, you can set the racial demographics to certain levels, and you can see how the electoral map would look like if the demographic were at the levels you set them to.

Trump would lose 54.6-45.4. This is comparable to McCain's loss/Obama's victory. This is obviously not including third party candidates. I think the third party candidates could get a combined total of 10% of the vote. A majority of these third-party voters would've voted for Trump if there were no third party options, thus hurting Trump even more

Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 12:31:48 PM »

I think the third party candidates could get a combined total of 10% of the vote.

No

People will just stay home before they waste their vote on a third party candidate. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »

I think you are overestimating how much Trump would lose hispanics, and underestimating how many whites would win, as well as how many whites would turn out.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies