|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:40:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe that there are only two genders (male and female), or do you believe that it is a spectrum of sorts?
There are only two genders (R)
There is a spectrum of genders (R)
There are only two genders (D)
There is a spectrum of genders (D)
There is only two genders (I/L/G/O)
There is a spectrum of genders (I/L/G/O)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Gender: Two or a Spectrum?  (Read 3118 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: December 29, 2016, 02:26:56 PM »

Republicans once again prove they are the worst party.

Spectrum, obviously. It's kind of silly that people are shouting "BIOLOGY!" when the most important lesson of biology is that there are exceptions to basically every rule.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 01:55:00 AM »

Funny how we're supposed to believe that gender roles shouldn't be ironclad but people should change their sex the minute they "act like the opposite sex."

No one ever suggested the latter? Huh
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 07:43:16 PM »

There are two genders. There are some people who biologically don't really fit into either.

"androgynous", "bigender" and "gender non confirming" are not genders and no one should be referred to be ze/zir/zirself pronouns.

I get how the made-up pronouns are silly (although to be honest I've never heard an argument in favor of them) but I don't see what's wrong with calling yourself bigender or whatever.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »

There are two genders. There are some people who biologically don't really fit into either.

"androgynous", "bigender" and "gender non confirming" are not genders and no one should be referred to be ze/zir/zirself pronouns.

I get how the made-up pronouns are silly (although to be honest I've never heard an argument in favor of them) but I don't see what's wrong with calling yourself bigender or whatever.

TBH the term "bigender" sounds weird and completely nonsensical to me. Not that it matters, of course, since whatever labels people choose to identify themselves with makes absolutely no difference to my life.

I mean, if people feel that "bigender" is the best word to describe them, I don't have a problem with that.

I can understand getting annoyed at people who expect others to address them by pronouns other than he/she/they, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies