Does Nancy Pelosi have to go?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:08:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does Nancy Pelosi have to go?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should House Democrats pressure her to retire in 2018?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Does Nancy Pelosi have to go?  (Read 2547 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 04:12:48 AM »

I am in the minority opinion that Kander did not run that great of a campaign.  I just thought he ran a more competent campaign compared to Koster or the other Democrats running on the down ballot. Some the down ballot Democratic campaigns were so atrocious that they were laughable!

To defeat an incumbent you have to disqualify the incumbent and also show why you are the right person to take their place. Kander failed to do the second part. Also the assumption was that Hillary Clinton would be President and control of the Senate was at stake. That along with Trump's large victory in the state is what allowed Blunt to win.

Kander's performance just showed that there is indeed a path and it is viable for a Democrat to win statewide in Missouri.

I think Kander is too liberal to win another Senate contest in Missouri but he could well be very competitive in winning a gubernatorial contest or defeat any weak incumbent come in 2020 in the down ballot. I would love for him to be the 57th Missouri Governor.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 08:40:29 PM »

Personally, I like Nancy Pelosi.  I think Obamacare could have gone a different way - Medicare for All would have been fine.

A family member saw her on TV one night and she screamed "LOSAH!" at the TV (and yes, this family member is from New York).

I think the Dems need a new, younger leader in the House, but its funny they have lots of representatives to choose from, but none of them really stand out as leaders.

Politically, I think it should be someone like Debbie Dingell of Michigan.  She'd probably do a great job.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies