Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:22:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will it help?
Obama

Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney?  (Read 8129 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: September 15, 2012, 02:14:25 AM »

I think that this, despite Romneys early fumble, if prolonged in any way, hurts Obama and helps Romney.

Now hear me out!

We've had loads of experience with stuff like this - not completely similarly, but similarly enough - in Europe. In Denmark we had the infamous Mohammed drawings, for instance, which was met with an outroar in certain parts of the arab world.

In Europe, what we have learned is basically that any type of event that can give rise to anti-islamic sentiment of any sort will always help the right wing. Always. It doesn't matter if the right wing are acting batsh**t crazy or making completely unreasonable arguments and generalizations.

If the Republicans can make the case that Obama is "weak on muslims" (or even a muslim himself, which loads of americans apparently believe), then I'm afraid this is a winning cause for them.

However, if it ends now, it probably helps Obama due to a rallying around the flag and Romneys fumble. But it does need to end now. Which I don't think it will. These protests tend to take a while to die down.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies