Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:29:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday  (Read 7741 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: January 24, 2017, 10:17:29 PM »

I sincerely hope, my government will start accepting them ASAP.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:23:37 PM »

The majority of Americans have wanted this all along.

Thanks for your contribution

Alas, he is right.

Majority of Americans will get what they wanted. And they will suffer.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 10:31:46 PM »

Does this include the Iraqis who risked their lives to help the US when the armed forces were over there?

Of course. And, actually, do you think there are no Syrians doing the same?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »

The majority of Americans have wanted this all along.

Thanks for your contribution

Should we only comment if we agree with you?

No, you're free to comment. I am also free to make snarky comments back when I don't find what you've said particularly enlightening.
I mean, it's literally true that the vast majority of Americans support this. Not that that's a good thing, but it is true...

Most Americans probably think we take in more refugees than Sweden.

They think you are taking more refugees than there are people in Syria.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 11:39:15 PM »

Does anyone have any problems with the various waves of Jewish refugees to America

They did.

Actually, come to think of it, they still do.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 03:20:41 AM »

Excellent idea. Don't be like Europe. Stop Muslim immigration.

Just a shame it's on the basis of country instead of religion. Political correctness gone wild, sad!

Since any appropriate response to this would be prohibited by the moderator of this board, I am reporting you for religious and racial hatred. Alas, that is the only option I have.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 03:26:25 AM »

Just a shame it's on the basis of country instead of religion. Political correctness gone wild, sad!

Since any appropriate response to this would be prohibited by the moderator of this board, I am reporting you for religious and racial hatred. Alas, that is the only option I have.
Haha, oh, I will continue to voice my opinion on this issue and I will start reporting your posts again then too. So much for your liberal aspirations.

Will e-mail Dave Leip about your abusive comments soon. Wonder how long you remain on as a moderator.

I wish I had other options, really. You were not reporting me - but others did, and my comments on this board, at least, are removed. I have promised its moderator to behave.

If you really think I care about being a moderator, you really have nothing better to do with you life. For me it is just a (very small, admittedly) service to the community. If anybody else wants to take it, they are welcome.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 03:27:02 AM »

Haha, oh, I will continue to voice my opinion on this issue -- which is literally something the president of the U.S. has advocated and something many Americans support -- and I will start reporting your posts again then too. So much for your liberal aspirations.

Will e-mail Dave Leip about your abusive comments soon. Wonder how long you remain on as a moderator.

In any case, if I were you, I would be more concerned about the report to Him. I am sure, He is taking notice.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 04:42:04 AM »

If one gets their comments deleted merely for voicing one's agreement with an executive order by the President, it is not the U.S. but Atlas that would show totalitarian tendencies, just saying.

Just showing that not only you have no idea about Him, but neither do you have any idea what totalitarianism means.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 11:30:24 AM »

Your exact words were "Stop Muslim immigration."  How well do you think it would fly here if someone said "Stop Jewish immigration?"  I doubt you would find that acceptable.
Yes. Stop Muslim immigration. Both in Europe and the U.S. Now. It destroys our countries.

If you said "stop Jewish immigration" I would disagree, but I wouldn't report it.

You've never faced real discrimination for your religion, have you?

He has. And he saw that those on the other side liked it. He wants to participate!
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 11:31:11 AM »

Your exact words were "Stop Muslim immigration."  How well do you think it would fly here if someone said "Stop Jewish immigration?"  I doubt you would find that acceptable.
Yes. Stop Muslim immigration. Both in Europe and the U.S. Now. It destroys our countries.

If you said "stop Jewish immigration" I would disagree, but I wouldn't report it.

You may not be aware of the every-day life situation of Jews in large parts of Europe, but sadly practicing Jews are more often than not victims of verbal or physical abuse.

Which make it so much more disgraceful when they want to join in.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »

You may not be aware of the every-day life situation of Jews in large parts of Europe, but sadly practicing Jews are more often than not victims of verbal or physical abuse.

The way he talks reeks of the kind of insensitivity to bigoted statements like that that implies not getting what it feels like.

He knows. He wants to feel how it is for the other side.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 02:26:38 PM »

And my new policy is: If everyone on the right dropped dead tomorrow the rest of the world would be better off. I reaaaaaally don't care if I get banned for saying that.
Time for a chill pill?

No need. Feels good to get off my chest.

It is not the left-right, in the usual sense. Remember, Trump has been, in part, elected by the traditional "left" voters. I, as a conservative liberal, on the other hand, have never considered myself part of the "left" in any meaningful sense. It is the liberal vs. illiberal. And while I would not them to "fall dead", of course (even though their behavior is likely to kill me), I do come to the view that we are dealing with sworn enemies now.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 10:42:48 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2017, 12:32:14 AM by True Federalist »

No seriously. Listen to Daloy Politsey. It's a Yiddish song about killing the police and the Tsar. Perhaps not religious terrorism, but that's still terrorism.

Most of the main terrrorist leaders in Russia were Jewish. The main terrorist group there was set up by Grigory Gershuni - who, after fleeing from the Siberian hard labor, not only had no trouble getting into the US, but actually spent months there fundraising for terror before moving back to Europe (Switzerland, initially, if I am not mistaken), largely among the Jewish immigrants. The Russian Imperial Embassy followed his every step, but could do nothing: he was fully protected by the US. The guy had been convicted of organizing murders of top oficials and members of the royal family back home (which he, most certainly, did).

True, like most Arab terrorists 40 years ago, these people were sociallists, rather  than religious fundamentalists.

(Edited to delete quote of sock. - TF)
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2017, 12:02:43 AM by ag »

Well, it happened now. And not only refugees.

Iranian-Americans must be real pleased today. Will do marvels to solidify another Dem voter block in CA.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 11:13:08 PM »

And, it seems, he really had to wait to make sure this happens on Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Nice hint.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2017, 12:32:29 PM by ag »

I see, Mr HamanB. is very happy.

To everybody according to his faith. I am sure, when his time comes, he will find where to go.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »

He only suspended refugee program for Muslims from Syria, but not Christians. Isn't that unconstitutional? As far as I interpret it, it violates the first amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, he blocked them all. He said he would (may be, later) do something about the non-Muslims, though he was really confusing (and confused) about it. But, for the moment, even if you are Bahai, you are out.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 01:52:27 PM »

Any veracity to reports of people with green cards being denied re-entry? I've yet to see a solid source report it, but it's concerning.

No more concerning than the rest of it (unless, of course, you happen to have a green card).

Ladies and Gentlemen. It is too late to be concerned. We all have to realise that we are not dealing with merely a new US administration.

Also, frankly, time for personal hygiene. If you are still on talking terms with any people supporting this government, I would strongly suggest reevaluating if you really need to maintain those.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »

Any veracity to reports of people with green cards being denied re-entry? I've yet to see a solid source report it, but it's concerning.

No more concerning than the rest of it (unless, of course, you happen to have a green card).

There's a big fcking difference between barring people well down the road to legal citizenship, who live, work, pay taxes, etc. here and banning taking in new people.

As an old Russian saying goes, you do not worry about a haircut after the beheading. Before long, he will start deporting and/or indefinitely detaining citizens. Either fight it or get used to it.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »

This is past the stage for humor. And, of course, you should worry that your reputation is such that even this ridiculous post of yours was taken seriously: it says more about what people think of you than of their ability to laugh.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »

Trump's made us a laughingstock and for no good reason.

Nobody is laughing at you. People hate you.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »

Haters gonna hate, and anyone likely to start hating us would hate us for the policy itself, not the imbecilic way it has been implemented.

It is more than imbecilic: it is insulting. And, yes, both the policy itself is hateworthy, and the way it is rolled out is worth extra hate.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2017, 11:03:21 PM »

No need to be dramatic.

This will be fixed very soon.

Yeah? Will it be?

I am afraid, this was not a bug, but a feature. They did it this way deliberately. May be, the push back would make them reverse it: it would be just a trial baloon. Though, frankly, I am not convinced of that.

In any case, anybody with a green card has been reminded that their existence in the US is quite precarious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies