Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:35:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153779 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: August 20, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »

What? A 2week fall break? Do you get 2 months off for Christmas?

Probably no classes between Thanksgiving and President's Day.  I mean, there are so many holidays in that interval that going to class in between the holidays would be pointless.

School Starts (August 5)
1 day for Labor Day (September 2)
1 day for Fall Parent Teacher Conference (Sept 6) (High School Students only, but no classes for anybody)
2 weeks for Fall Break (October 14-25)
3 days for Thanksgiving (November 27-29)
2 1/2 weeks for Christmas (December 18-January 3)
1 day for MLK (January 20)
1 day for Spring Parent Teacher Conference (February 7)
2 weeks for Spring Break (March 10-21) (March 12-14 are snow make up days)
Last Day Officially (May 30), although my class will likely end late April/early May.

This is a continuous learning calendar, we start early August and end the end of May, but we have the same number of instructional days (180) as the rest of the districts in the state on the normal calendar.  Since we have the same number of instructional days but a longer calendar, we have to have a few more breaks.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread for a bit, but do remember something about Bushie going back to school, but can someone give me a cliff notes version why the f*** Bushie is going to school with high school kids?

It is a vo-tech, going back for Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD for short).  I'm going to get out of the call center.  This will provide me a certificate in CADD and more importantly a portfolio that I can take and get an entry level job as a CADD Drafter and make ~$40,000 entry level.  I already find it much more rewarding than a $12 an hour, tedious, boring, monotonous, ego-busting, day-ruining, insert other adjectives here call center.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1126 on: August 20, 2013, 09:05:59 PM »

I wonder if dogs develop stockholm syndrome.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1127 on: August 20, 2013, 09:15:34 PM »

I did a lot better on my calories today than in previous weeks.  I only had a little shy of 1,700.  My goal is 2,140 according to the myfitnesspal app.  I had my usual cinnamon toast for breakfast, but instead of going to Burger King for lunch, I went across the street to Subway and had my usual sandwich there.  For dinner, I just fried 3 eggs.  I fried the eggs on my own, fwiw.  I did have a couple Twinkies for a snack about 16:30, but that was the only thing overly unhealthy.  Every drink I had today was either a Diet Dr Pepper or a Diet Coke.  It wasn't the best, but the past several days I have been easily eclipsing 2,500 calories.  I have dropped 2 pounds in the past two days, and I should drop a little more in the morning.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1128 on: August 20, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »

Do you mean Cinnamon Toast Crunch (the cereal)? Or are you making cinnamon toast for yourself for breakfast?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1129 on: August 20, 2013, 09:34:28 PM »

Just 4 slices of cinnamon toast with margarine I think.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1130 on: August 20, 2013, 09:38:47 PM »

Just 4 slices of cinnamon toast with margarine I think.

This
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1131 on: August 20, 2013, 10:31:54 PM »

I bet you Blondie/JJ thought his/her routine was absolutely legit before getting the ole' Cesar Millan, Ludovico technique.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1132 on: August 20, 2013, 11:46:19 PM »

What? A 2week fall break? Do you get 2 months off for Christmas?

Probably no classes between Thanksgiving and President's Day.  I mean, there are so many holidays in that interval that going to class in between the holidays would be pointless.

School Starts (August 5)
1 day for Labor Day (September 2)
1 day for Fall Parent Teacher Conference (Sept 6) (High School Students only, but no classes for anybody)
2 weeks for Fall Break (October 14-25)
3 days for Thanksgiving (November 27-29)
2 1/2 weeks for Christmas (December 18-January 3)
1 day for MLK (January 20)
1 day for Spring Parent Teacher Conference (February 7)
2 weeks for Spring Break (March 10-21) (March 12-14 are snow make up days)
Last Day Officially (May 30), although my class will likely end late April/early May.

This is a continuous learning calendar, we start early August and end the end of May, but we have the same number of instructional days (180) as the rest of the districts in the state on the normal calendar.  Since we have the same number of instructional days but a longer calendar, we have to have a few more breaks.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread for a bit, but do remember something about Bushie going back to school, but can someone give me a cliff notes version why the f*** Bushie is going to school with high school kids?
He's Billy Madison in Oklahoma.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1133 on: August 21, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »

I've never seen a legit school have that kind of schedule.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1134 on: August 21, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »

Hey now, Bushie's school schedule is absolutely legit.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1135 on: August 21, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »

Hey now, Bushie's school schedule is absolutely legit.

As legit as his diet, his KC and Kenya schedule, and the training of Jeff Junior (RIP)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1136 on: August 21, 2013, 03:08:39 PM »

This schedules serves the entire Oklahoma City School District.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1137 on: August 21, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »

Oklahoma kids get 2 weeks off for fall break and Spring Break?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1138 on: August 21, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »

Just Oklahoma City because they are on a continuous learning calendar (aka year-round calendar) they start earlier and end later.  The other school districts are on the normal schedule so they only get 2 days for Fall Break in October and 1 week for Spring Break in March.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1139 on: August 21, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »

Good Wednesday Evening!  It was another good day and I am making progress.  I took an 88 on the first attempt of the Lesson 6 test and since I have to get a 100% now to be able to move on, I retook it the second time and got a 100.  I can now move on to Lesson 7 in the morning.  I hope to be finished with Lesson 7 by tomorrow evening, and take the corresponding test Friday morning.  Present speed, I will finish Lesson 8 by Lunch Monday, take Performance Test 3 that afternoon and take the Final Test 1 Tuesday Morning and then start Course 2 after lunch Tuesday.  Course 2 is only a 45-hour course which is 7 1/2 days, so I should be finished with that by Thursday, September 5.  I hope to be able to start Course 3 by Monday, September 9.  Course 3 is 165 hours which is 27 1/2 days (5 1/2 weeks), so it will likely take me into October.  Course 4 is the longest course at 195 hours which is 32 1/2 days (6 1/2 weeks) which would be roughly Thanksgiving for a completion.  But, for tomorrow, I'm focused on Lesson 7.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1140 on: August 21, 2013, 03:24:58 PM »

My God, the Update has gotten so stale these days. No girls, new friends or anything, Bushie? I feel all we hear about these days is his lessons that none of us care about and the occasional slip in of JJ (RIP).

We really need his ex-fiancee to come back and introduce him to another girl to save this series.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1141 on: August 21, 2013, 03:39:36 PM »

How about this for an update? 125 shopping days until Christmas.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1142 on: August 21, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »

How about this for an update? 125 shopping days until Christmas.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1143 on: August 21, 2013, 04:13:31 PM »

My elementary school was like that. We started two weeks early and ended a week late and we got two weeks off in October and an extra week of spring break. It's a real thing.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1144 on: August 21, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »

Just Oklahoma City because they are on a continuous learning calendar (aka year-round calendar) they start earlier and end later.  The other school districts are on the normal schedule so they only get 2 days for Fall Break in October and 1 week for Spring Break in March.

The OKC website says they get summer break from June until August.  How is that year-round?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1145 on: August 21, 2013, 05:58:31 PM »

The OKC website says they get summer break from June until August.  How is that year-round?

It's really June-July. They normally start August 1.  Still, it is a continuous learning calendar.  Even year round schools get time off in the summer.  It's just not as long as it used to be.  Look at Xahar's post.  Ours is very similar to that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1146 on: August 21, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »

It's really June-July. They normally start August 1.  Still, it is a continuous learning calendar.  Even year round schools get time off in the summer.  It's just not as long as it used to be.  Look at Xahar's post.  Ours is very similar to that.

For 2013-14 they have start August 5th and get out May 30th.  That's like starting 3 weeks earlier than my high school used to with getting out a week earlier.  So they have 2 extra weeks of school.  I wouldn't call that "continuous learning".

This year, Lincoln Park starts 4 weeks after the 5th and gets out 2 weeks after the 30th, so again, only 3 weeks different.  Whoever did the OKC calendar naming was a bit of an idiot.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1147 on: August 21, 2013, 06:26:48 PM »

I guess he could be right. School here starts the 19th of August and generally gets out mid to late May. We only get 2 days for fall break, 2 weeks for Christmas, 1 week for spring break, etc.. I wouldn't call Bushie's school year round, but they do go back way early so maybe he is right.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1148 on: August 21, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »

Just Oklahoma City because they are on a continuous learning calendar (aka year-round calendar) they start earlier and end later.  The other school districts are on the normal schedule so they only get 2 days for Fall Break in October and 1 week for Spring Break in March.

The OKC website says they get summer break from June until August.  How is that year-round?

It's really June-July. They normally start August 1.  Still, it is a continuous learning calendar.  Even year round schools get time off in the summer.  It's just not as long as it used to be.  Look at Xahar's post.  Ours is very similar to that.

For 2013-14 they have start August 5th and get out May 30th.  That's like starting 3 weeks earlier than my high school used to with getting out a week earlier.  So they have 2 extra weeks of school.  I wouldn't call that "continuous learning".

This year, Lincoln Park starts 4 weeks after the 5th and gets out 2 weeks after the 30th, so again, only 3 weeks different.  Whoever did the OKC calendar naming was a bit of an idiot.

Personally, I think the name is misleading myself, I was just going by the 'official' name.  The school year more closely resembles the old way, just a little longer than it does a year-round school.  Then again, I didn't grow up in a "year-round" program and don't know much about it.  Oklahoma City Public Schools didn't make the switch until 2 or 3 years ago, making this just their 3rd or 4th year in that calendar.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1149 on: August 22, 2013, 08:38:50 AM »

...I know it only took a few clicks but why the hell would you take this so seriously that you'd check up on that? Did you ever think, "Wow. I'm visiting some website for a school district no where near me with no impact on my life to verify some dude's schedule?"
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies