Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:27:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 155018 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 22, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »

The second dinner did cause me to gain a little bit of weight last night.  I was at 261.4 yesterday morning, but was at 262.0 this morning.

Seems like you're slowly drifting away from that 260 mark... that's how it starts.

I cannot sit on the ground without my foot going to sleep in just 5 minutes, I have very poor circulation it seems in my legs.  Plus, I grumble and moan like someone twice my age when I get up and have to crawl to an object that I can hoist myself up with.

You realize the severity of what you just said, right?

Yes, I do.  I see the doctor on October 4, and I'll ask him at that time about the poor circulation.  Heck, I can't even sit on the can without my foot falling asleep after 10-15 minutes.

I can diagnose it now: You're fat.  sh**t... that was so easy, I won't even bill you for it.

The very definition of diabetes is having high blood sugar.  If your blood sugars are consistently within a normal range, and you aren't doing anything to lower them, then you are not diabetic.  An A1C test is a much better indicator than a random blood sugar test, though.

I will have an A1C test on September 20.  The last time I had it measured was last March and it was 5%, which is a normal range, itself.  I think, though, as Duke pointed out and as a couple of my friends on Facebook, one of whom is a nurse, mentioned, there are other risk factors than just blood sugar.  I think its probably safe to assume I am pre-diabetic even though I don't have the official diagnosis.  My body is in the process of becoming a diabetic.  I am trying to lose weight, although I still have dumb moments like last night, but I digress.  I'm just not doing enough of anything to prevent it or reverse it.

Jeff, your life has been essentially one big dumb moment.  Virtually EVERY day you have these dumb health moments.  Sure, every once in a while, you may eat on the border of something that could be called "healthy", but that's an extreme minority of the time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1201 on: August 22, 2013, 04:09:11 PM »

The second dinner did cause me to gain a little bit of weight last night.  I was at 261.4 yesterday morning, but was at 262.0 this morning.

Seems like you're slowly drifting away from that 260 mark... that's how it starts.

It's just a natural fluctuation.  I'm sure by tomorrow morning, I'll be back down.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You realize the severity of what you just said, right?
[/quote]

Yes, I do.  I see the doctor on October 4, and I'll ask him at that time about the poor circulation.  Heck, I can't even sit on the can without my foot falling asleep after 10-15 minutes.
[/quote]

I can diagnose it now: You're fat.  sh**t... that was so easy, I won't even bill you for it.
[/quote]

I know that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I will have an A1C test on September 20.  The last time I had it measured was last March and it was 5%, which is a normal range, itself.  I think, though, as Duke pointed out and as a couple of my friends on Facebook, one of whom is a nurse, mentioned, there are other risk factors than just blood sugar.  I think its probably safe to assume I am pre-diabetic even though I don't have the official diagnosis.  My body is in the process of becoming a diabetic.  I am trying to lose weight, although I still have dumb moments like last night, but I digress.  I'm just not doing enough of anything to prevent it or reverse it.
[/quote]

Jeff, your life has been essentially one big dumb moment.  Virtually EVERY day you have these dumb health moments.  Sure, every once in a while, you may eat on the border of something that could be called "healthy", but that's an extreme minority of the time.
[/quote]

False.  My life has not been one big dumb moment.  Lately, I've been doing quite a bit better with my weight, but last night was dumb.  Doesn't mean my entire life is a dumb moment.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1202 on: August 22, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »

OK... go through this week and break down what you had each day for your meals.... let's see how good you've actually been doing.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1203 on: August 22, 2013, 04:11:32 PM »

Bushie's friend "Codi" has given him some good advice on his facial book about skim milk and whole wheat bread, and how you have to develop a taste for things you don't like instead of acting like a five-year-old and refusing to actually change your diet. But will  he take it? That's the question.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1204 on: August 22, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »

Bushie's friend "Codi" has given him some good advice on his facial book about skim milk and whole wheat bread, and how you have to develop a taste for things you don't like instead of acting like a five-year-old and refusing to actually change your diet. But will  he take it? That's the question.

The difference between Bushie and most five-year-olds (at least I HOPE this applies to most five-year-olds, although perhaps not in America) is that the mothers of most five-year-olds actually make their children eat healthy food, even when they don't want to.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1205 on: August 22, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »

OK... go through this week and break down what you had each day for your meals.... let's see how good you've actually been doing.

I do that on the myfitnesspal app and it works well for me, knowing how many calories I have left during the day.  Mind you, the three days before this morning, I had dropped two pounds.  But... challenge accepted.

Lief, I am about to make the switch from 2% to 1%.  I've never been a whole milk drinker, but I've always been a 2% guy.  My dietitian recommends 1% milk.  She doesn't like the watery skim milk, but she does like and recommend the 1%, especially from Braum's.  She says it has the consistency of Hiland 2%, but with 1% nutritional value.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1206 on: August 22, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »

I cannot sit on the ground without my foot going to sleep in just 5 minutes, I have very poor circulation it seems in my legs.  Plus, I grumble and moan like someone twice my age when I get up and have to crawl to an object that I can hoist myself up with. 

All the more reason to stay on your feet. Smiley

That sore feeling you get when you walk for 2 or 3 hours is wonderful. Go for it! Cheesy
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1207 on: August 22, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »

Bushie's sister in law is my hero.

Ugh.  I'm hoping she doesn't drive a wedge between Bushie and the parents.  These cuckoo-bird inlaws are awful, aught to be locked up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1208 on: August 22, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »

Bushie's sister in law is my hero.

Ugh.  I'm hoping she doesn't drive a wedge between Bushie and the parents.  These cuckoo-bird inlaws are awful, aught to be locked up.

She's fine, opie.  Her and my brother have been married for 17 1/2 years, so we're used to this, and she's not saying anything completely untrue.  Usually, her comments are out of love and I take them as such.  She has some experience herself as she will turn 43 in January.  We'll have a great visit when she and my niece visit over Thanksgiving.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1209 on: August 22, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »

How many sibilings have you Bushie?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1210 on: August 22, 2013, 06:21:04 PM »

What is she saying? (if I may ask...)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1211 on: August 22, 2013, 06:32:09 PM »

One brother, no sisters, just a sister-in-law.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1212 on: August 22, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »

Can you describe them please? I'm curious!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1213 on: August 22, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »

My brother is a 37-year-old man, a 19+ year Navy Veteran.  He will be retiring from the Navy on June 30, 2014.  He is currently out to sea until the Spring 2014, but is stationed in Norfolk, VA.  His wife and daughter live near her mother near Plattsburgh, New York (extreme NE New York State).
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1214 on: August 22, 2013, 09:29:55 PM »

Bushie when you hsng out with kids why are pools and water always involved?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1215 on: August 22, 2013, 10:17:12 PM »

Just switch to skim milk.  After a couple weeks, you'll get used to it and not notice the difference anymore.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1216 on: August 23, 2013, 12:14:26 AM »

Coincidence?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1217 on: August 23, 2013, 02:59:47 AM »

Especially ironic since he can't swim.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1218 on: August 23, 2013, 05:44:51 AM »

Do pools have some kind of symbolic meaning in the story?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1219 on: August 23, 2013, 06:11:42 AM »

Are you going to class today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1220 on: August 23, 2013, 06:25:42 AM »

I'm going to attempt it.  I will tell my instructor what has happened overnight and let him know I may need to run to the bathroom frequently to get rid of whatever I have and that if it gets too much to handle, I will have to pack it in and head home.  I could take off at lunch if I need to.  I'm not going to eat a whole lot today and will get a Sprite when I get to school to kind of help my stomach.

For those who are wondering, my raging migraine from Thursday has morphed into stomach trouble with a lot of nausea.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1221 on: August 23, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »

Didn't Bushie do the deed with one of his ex's in a pool or am I writing fan-fiction now?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1222 on: August 23, 2013, 09:07:40 AM »

Bouyancy. One man's quest to keep his head above water, by any means necessary, except for swimming.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1223 on: August 23, 2013, 09:12:54 AM »

bushie your stomach troubles are probably connected to the crap you eat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1224 on: August 23, 2013, 09:49:12 AM »

Walter, I'm in agreement with that.  Wednesday night was bad for me.  Lunch is in 25 minutes and I'm headed home.  Nausea is sky high.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies