2024 GOP presidential hopefuls reluctant to advocate nationwide abortion ban (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:07:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  2024 GOP presidential hopefuls reluctant to advocate nationwide abortion ban (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024 GOP presidential hopefuls reluctant to advocate nationwide abortion ban  (Read 959 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: June 26, 2022, 06:02:11 PM »

They all support it. They just don't want to say it before they're elected.
Eh I don't think Trump does. Trump is personally pro-choice but acts pro-life for political reasons. Since a total nationwide abortion ban is extremely unpopular (even among Republicans) I doubt he would attempt it.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 11:03:42 PM »

Eh I don't think Trump does. Trump is personally pro-choice but acts pro-life for political reasons. Since a total nationwide abortion ban is extremely unpopular (even among Republicans) I doubt he would attempt it.

Ironically Biden is the opposite.
I don't really think Biden is pro-life even privately. If he thought abortion was murder then he wouldn't be fighting back against Republicans wanting to ban it, unless he was pro-murder.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 11:42:05 PM »

Ironically Biden is the opposite.
I don't really think Biden is pro-life even privately. If he thought abortion was murder then he wouldn't be fighting back against Republicans wanting to ban it, unless he was pro-murder.
People can and often sacrifice their values for politics

Well if Biden is truly pro-life personally then according to his moral system he's alright with pushing for legalizing murder of children.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 07:57:47 AM »

This is definitely a way for Pence to stake out territory to the right of Trump, I wonder if he'll be able to lock down the evangelical vote with it.
Eh perhaps, but history shows that apart from Bush, the "evangelical" or most religious candidate never wins. Huckabee, Santorum and Cruz all failed.
Most Republican voters (even in primaries) are not religious fanatics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies