Who do you agree with more about Iraq? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:54:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Who do you agree with more about Iraq? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you agree with more about Iraq?
Congressman Walter Jones

me

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Who do you agree with more about Iraq?  (Read 1508 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« on: June 28, 2005, 12:35:13 AM »

Jones was the Congressman who originally coined the term 'freedom fries' and at first was a staunch advocate of war in Iraq.  However since then he has had a change of heart and advocates for the Bush administration to set a timetable for the removal of troops.

I have always opposed the War in Iraq on grounds that the weapons inspectors found no WMDs and that there was a lack of international cooperation.  However, I feel that now that we are in Iraq our troops must stay as long as necessary to secure the country as well as possibly to prevent Civil War or the return of Saddamites.

So who do you agree with more?
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 12:39:48 AM »

I have always opposed the War in Iraq on grounds that the weapons inspectors found no WMDs and that there was a lack of international cooperation.  However, I feel that now that we are in Iraq our troops must stay as long as necessary to secure the country as well as possibly to prevent Civil War or the return of Saddamites.

Are you saying that you have absolutely no defeat conditions? Or are you just deliberately keeping them secret?

Provided that the insurgents don't gain an atomic weapon and threaten nuke Israel or if they have the capabilities the U.S., I really don't think we should concede defeat at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies