Republicans will always be Patriots, change my mind (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:04:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans will always be Patriots, change my mind (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans will always be Patriots, change my mind  (Read 1112 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: March 29, 2023, 01:50:00 PM »

A new poll out shows less than 60% of republicans think patriotism is an important value . It was truly a sad poll and really makes you miss 2000s America .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 02:43:08 PM »

A new poll out shows less than 60% of republicans think patriotism is an important value . It was truly a sad poll and really makes you miss 2000s America

If you have nostalgia for the jingoistic nationalism of post-9/11 America, you're sick in the head.

Well I have only fully lived through 2 decades and 2000s attitudes towards Patriotism > anything since.

I’d be fine with 1980s levels of patriotism as well though and would prefer that to 2000s but I wasn’t alive then so I can’t cite that
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 02:55:48 PM »

A new poll out shows less than 60% of republicans think patriotism is an important value . It was truly a sad poll and really makes you miss 2000s America

If you have nostalgia for the jingoistic nationalism of post-9/11 America, you're sick in the head.

Well I have only fully lived through 2 decades and 2000s attitudes towards Patriotism > anything since.

I’d be fine with 1980s levels of patriotism as well though and would prefer that to 2000s but I wasn’t alive then so I can’t cite that

What specifically do you like about the attitude that "you have to support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan or you're a freedom-hating anti-American who wants the terrorists to win"?

I said individual attitude of people where people were proud to fly their flags , believed patriotism was a value that should be taught in schools , politicians would talk about how great we were rather than bash it all the time and in terms of entertainment you had shows like 24 as well

Bush is the last president whose speeches made you feel patriotic as well . So I wouldn’t say republicans cause Trump certainly didn’t do that . His speeches made you feel anger towards the country and make it feel like we were much worse than we actually were .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 12:41:45 AM »

Bush is the last president whose speeches made you feel patriotic as well.
This is just your opinion.

If I want to hear a patriotic speech from a President, I will go to Obama, Biden and heck even Bill Clinton. Or go historical (FDR, Truman, JFK, etc). Not from any garbage spoken from Dubya.

I rarely watch speeches from Bush but when I do it's for comedy mostly (example: "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.")

Obviously Obama is a better orator than Bush and it’s not even close but Bush was really good at making you feel patriotic that I don’t think recent presidents were . Both Obama and Trump speeches mainly were about talking more about the stuff America was bad at than the stuff we were good at which makes sense given both were populist outsiders who won the White House .

Biden I actually feel in a different time would be really good at this too but times have changed and the country doenst value patriotism like it used to which is sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies