Concert of Europe Part IV (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:10:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe Part IV (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Concert of Europe Part IV  (Read 2352 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: February 13, 2022, 05:54:26 AM »

I would love to play France. Charlotte and Xavier are intriguing me!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 06:23:48 AM »

My take on the different countries situation:

France: it depends if Charlotte or Xavier wins the feud.
-If this is Charlotte: she will end up creating a big world war and we would all have to deal with the consequences of her actions.
-If this is Xavier: no war. But he will have to deal with a pro prussian faction when he ascends to the throne in Paris and the crown prince would want to become the king of Padania.
I expect Padania to remain relatively peaceful. Flanders however would be a mix between french nationalist settlers and catholic republicans...

Austria: busy with domestic policies, not concerned by foreign policies.

Prussia: I guess this will be basically a rightwing autoritarian monarchy revanchist!

Spain: will be weak with a ton of republicans but the monarchy will survive because France already crushed the uprising in Navarra.

Portugal: there will be civil war between the liberal monarchists backed by England and the catholic monarchs backed by Brazil.

Scandinavia: some austrian hungary scenario: most minorities don't want to rebel but they want more autonomy.

England: will be too busy dealing with their american colonial empire surrounded by foes that will cause them a ton of problems.

South America: there will be one of the three factions that will end up winning a very quick civil war and so this will become a centralized theocracy.

Russia: revanchist! But isolated in Europe.

Poland: will remain a weak country with different factions being backed by different countries. A bit like the deluge.

The Ottomans: Persia will be a great source of concern, their orthodox subjects as well.

Naples: the monarchy will be popular. But there will be rising demands for:
- reuniting all the peninsula
- democratization of the country, and perhaps a regionaliztion as well.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 02:46:26 PM »

I’m in as well although I actually sent a PM to Spamage reserving France Tongue  I thought it might be fun to mix up the usual dynamics since a lot of us have tended to keep picking the same country in past games (ex: Me - whatever backwater happens to be the center of revolutionary chaos, You - France, Lumine - Prussia, Dereich - Hapsburgs, etc). 
With all due respect i wish to continue playing France. I have built this country for the last three seasons and I wish to continue it in the next season !
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 03:40:54 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2022, 03:57:55 AM by Chief Justice windjammer »

I’m in as well although I actually sent a PM to Spamage reserving France Tongue  I thought it might be fun to mix up the usual dynamics since a lot of us have tended to keep picking the same country in past games (ex: Me - whatever backwater happens to be the center of revolutionary chaos, You - France, Lumine - Prussia, Dereich - Hapsburgs, etc).  
With all due respect i wish to continue playing France. I have built this country for the last three seasons and I wish to continue it in the next season !

Yeah, but then no one else gets to take a stab at it.  We’ve settled into a routine and familiar patterns and I think things will be more fun if we mix things up a bit.  I’ve always wanted to take a stab at France, I’ve always wondered what a Scandanavia Windjammer or a Catholic Republican Dereich or a British Lumine might look like.  Don’t you want to see if you can build up another country the way you did France?  
I will be frank.

You're absolutely correct that mixing up things and players taking over a new country can be a good thing for this game. After all you have done admirably well for the game (you have contributed a LOT) in your two last seasons, with Piedmont and Brazil and thank you for your contribution and really.

However, there is an another aspect: this game is a well development game. I have spent hours and hours looking for informations for France to build this country because I actually want to play it into different periods to see where my actions can lead on many centuries.

Frankly to answer your question I am absolutely uninterested in playing an another country and I will not and would instead follow the game from the outside if I don't get France as I would respect spamage's decision obviously.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 01:39:18 PM »

Thank you Spamage.

And again I absolutely recognize and praise X constant record of having made this game more original and interesting with all the revolutions he caused!

Charlotte or Xavier? That will be the main question for the stability of the whole continent.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 12:40:52 PM »

For any Vicky II fans, I made a thing.

Really impressive! I was actually thinking about how exciting it will be to bring the scenario to Victoria III just the other day.

Did you run any observer runs to see what happens?

I'm nowhere near done; the borders outside Europe need a whole bunch of work so I haven't sat back and let it run out yet. I CAN say that in the game where that screenshot was taken Prussia declared war on Austria before the end of the first month. So situation normal.
I'm genuinely curious. Could you play some very minor countries and let the game go for some years to see how the map would look after some years please?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 01:00:46 PM »

Oooh! Sounds fun!

Are there minor countries that a new player could take a look at? Don’t want to commit to a major power and struggle.
This.

On the map, there is:

Old Dutch colonial holdings
Durranis
Ethiopia
Algeria
Morocco
Switzerland
Mexico
Rio de las platas
South Argentina
Tuscany
Thailand
Vietnam
Tibet
Turkestan

Columbia and New England would be in this category too. Spain and Poland, while by no means "minor" are also non-great powers that would have interesting possibilities.

Don’t forget Catholic-Republican Portugal!
Catholic republican royalty!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 02:50:36 PM »

Here is my theory:
The 1860 decade will be the charlotte's rule. She will definitely push for pro prussians and pro quebec policies. However the king's constant health scares will prevent her from starting a full scale war.

1871 will be the death of the king. Either she "managed" to have a son and she will rule as regent and her control of France will get stronger. Xavier (or his son) waiting in the shadows that she screws up and taking the regency as the closest dynast of the king (the concept of queen regent has been fairly established but when there is no queen this is the closest dynast see the regency for louis xv).

Or she failed to have a son and Xavier inherits the throne with literally surrounded by pro prussians people around him.

I guess I will be wrong haha
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 05:40:16 AM »

Kind of confused but gonna formally request New England.

I won't lie, I'm a bit confused myself. I'm assuming this is all leading up from the previous games, correct? Or is this just an alt-history scenario that OP created themselves? If the former, are there links to the previous games per-chance so those of us who didn't participate can get a better grasp on the events leading up to the current state of the world?

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=380915.msg7643830#msg7643830

Here is the end of the last game, there are two more before them too. Lots of reading to catch up on, don't worry I'll have to do a lot of remembering/rereading too!

Oh, wow. Lmao.

I really didn't realize this was a continued project in that vein, haha. At least it all looks fairly well done. Guess I'll get some coffee and settle in.

Thank you!
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=8287;sa=showPosts;start=0
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2022, 02:04:56 PM »

Kind of confused but gonna formally request New England.

I won't lie, I'm a bit confused myself. I'm assuming this is all leading up from the previous games, correct? Or is this just an alt-history scenario that OP created themselves? If the former, are there links to the previous games per-chance so those of us who didn't participate can get a better grasp on the events leading up to the current state of the world?

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=380915.msg7643830#msg7643830

Here is the end of the last game, there are two more before them too. Lots of reading to catch up on, don't worry I'll have to do a lot of remembering/rereading too!

Oh, wow. Lmao.

I really didn't realize this was a continued project in that vein, haha. At least it all looks fairly well done. Guess I'll get some coffee and settle in.

Thank you!

Just wait until you get to Catholic Republicanism in Encore. Things go off the rails.
Well thinking of the first game,, you had a secular revolution in Poland + a three way war of succession in Russia sooooo
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies