Concert of Europe Part IV
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:26:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe Part IV
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Concert of Europe Part IV  (Read 2237 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2022, 08:18:09 PM »

Hello everyone,

I've been toying with the idea for a while and recent contact from Ypestis inquiring about a fourth installment to the Concert of Europe series seems to have gotten the ball rolling on yet another edition of this game. I've always enjoyed hosting and think yet another edition could be fun.

It's still early on the in the process, certainly too early to be assigning nations or posting early prompts, but I did want to publicly gauge interest in another installment.

Before starting the game I am going to have to do some looking back on the lore and projecting forwards. I think the game will probably be set in the 1870s or 1880s, depending what works best from my writing. The military system will probably be changed from actual armies of thousands of men into divisions for simplicity's sake. Naval system will probably be similar to the last installment.

Anyways, if there is sufficient interest I would be happy to move forward. Just posting publicly so prior and potentially new players could join.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 08:40:05 PM »

I would be willing to give this game a try.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 08:46:50 PM »

Your concert games have been tremendous from start to finish. I didn’t go through the last few only to back out now. I’m in!
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 02:57:30 AM »

I would absolutely be in of course!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 03:23:59 AM »

I'm in.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 05:54:26 AM »

I would love to play France. Charlotte and Xavier are intriguing me!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 06:23:48 AM »

My take on the different countries situation:

France: it depends if Charlotte or Xavier wins the feud.
-If this is Charlotte: she will end up creating a big world war and we would all have to deal with the consequences of her actions.
-If this is Xavier: no war. But he will have to deal with a pro prussian faction when he ascends to the throne in Paris and the crown prince would want to become the king of Padania.
I expect Padania to remain relatively peaceful. Flanders however would be a mix between french nationalist settlers and catholic republicans...

Austria: busy with domestic policies, not concerned by foreign policies.

Prussia: I guess this will be basically a rightwing autoritarian monarchy revanchist!

Spain: will be weak with a ton of republicans but the monarchy will survive because France already crushed the uprising in Navarra.

Portugal: there will be civil war between the liberal monarchists backed by England and the catholic monarchs backed by Brazil.

Scandinavia: some austrian hungary scenario: most minorities don't want to rebel but they want more autonomy.

England: will be too busy dealing with their american colonial empire surrounded by foes that will cause them a ton of problems.

South America: there will be one of the three factions that will end up winning a very quick civil war and so this will become a centralized theocracy.

Russia: revanchist! But isolated in Europe.

Poland: will remain a weak country with different factions being backed by different countries. A bit like the deluge.

The Ottomans: Persia will be a great source of concern, their orthodox subjects as well.

Naples: the monarchy will be popular. But there will be rising demands for:
- reuniting all the peninsula
- democratization of the country, and perhaps a regionaliztion as well.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2022, 12:02:04 PM »

For the reference of anyone not familiar with this series:

This is the world at the ending of the last game in around 1840.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 02:40:26 PM »

I’m in as well although I actually sent a PM to Spamage reserving France Tongue  I thought it might be fun to mix up the usual dynamics since a lot of us have tended to keep picking the same country in past games (ex: Me - whatever backwater happens to be the center of revolutionary chaos, You - France, Lumine - Prussia, Dereich - Hapsburgs, etc). 
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 02:46:26 PM »

I’m in as well although I actually sent a PM to Spamage reserving France Tongue  I thought it might be fun to mix up the usual dynamics since a lot of us have tended to keep picking the same country in past games (ex: Me - whatever backwater happens to be the center of revolutionary chaos, You - France, Lumine - Prussia, Dereich - Hapsburgs, etc). 
With all due respect i wish to continue playing France. I have built this country for the last three seasons and I wish to continue it in the next season !
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 03:55:31 PM »

Hopefully I can do better than the last game...
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2022, 03:56:01 PM »

Hopefully I can do better than the last game...

Hey, my first game I had a three way civil war Tongue
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 04:23:25 PM »

Interested in Russia
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 04:30:25 PM »

I'd want to take up my old pal Naples.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 04:51:41 PM »

I'm happy to play another round as the Hapsburgs or to go somewhere else; there are benefits to trying something new and to seeing that the Hapsburgs win Austria vs Prussia Round 607. Lets wait for Spamage to even decide on the state of the world before fighting over who will play what.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 06:16:15 PM »

I’m in.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 06:28:16 PM »

I'm very excited by the response so far. I will definitely be moving forward with this, it'll probably take about a week to get everything all together. I have an overall idea where everything will stand in my head, but getting it written down is another matter Smiley

While I work on that, and to address the dispute over who plays what, at the conclusion of the last game several players floated the idea of forcing everyone to try a different country in the next iteration in a sort of self-denying ordinance. I don't want to force a decision either way, but I am curious as to what the response from the player base is? While it could create new dynamics, I don't want to force it if it causes people to lose interest. Another potential is the lack of familiarity some people may have with the specifics of their start, but I digress. Regardless, I always have a few tricks up my sleeve to shake thing up Wink

I've made notes of everyone's preferences, and in the event of dispute I'll be inclined to give it to the original party, but I urge all players to wait to see the starting summary for every nation before making final claims. I'll post a separate sign-up, rules, and discussion thread at that time.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 07:16:19 PM »

Based on how the last game ended, I would be good with taking over Louisiana again and ruling that monster I made, or I’d be just as fine to play as someone else. I’ve always found learning the new nation part of the fun of these games.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 07:19:51 PM »

As I said, there's lots of fun to be had in maintaining what I made and in trying something new. I defer to you as the GM to what you think is best.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2022, 07:22:52 PM »

I would be interested in the Ottomans.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2022, 07:25:25 PM »

Are there minor countries that a new player could take a look at? Don’t want to commit to a major power and struggle.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 07:38:27 PM »

With all due respect i wish to continue playing France. I have built this country for the last three seasons and I wish to continue it in the next season !

Yeah, but then no one else gets to take a stab at it.  We’ve settled into a routine and familiar patterns and I think things will be more fun if we mix things up a bit.  I’ve always wanted to take a stab at France, I’ve always wondered what a Scandanavia Windjammer or a Catholic Republican Dereich or a British Lumine might look like.  Don’t you want to see if you can build up another country the way you did France? 
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2022, 09:03:49 PM »

Sticking with Iran
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2022, 09:12:01 PM »

The Ottomans: Persia will be a great source of concern, their orthodox subjects as well.

Not this game, Iran is very much overstretched in its own boxed in space with no desire in following the path of heavy resistance. The war was always just payback for Egypt, nothing more or less. I do hope the new sultan can move past the past and work towards a more united and prosperous future
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2022, 10:54:17 PM »

Are there minor countries that a new player could take a look at? Don’t want to commit to a major power and struggle.
This.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies