Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:46:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win the Ames Straw Poll ?
Michele Bachmann

John Bolton

Herman Cain

Newt Gingrich

Rudy Giuliani

Jon Huntsman

Gary Johnson

Fred Karger

Andy Martin

Thaddeus McCotter

Jimmy McMillan

Roy Moore

Sarah Palin

George Pataki

Ron Paul

Tim Pawlenty

Rick Perry

Buddy Roemer

Mitt Romney

Rick Santorum

Other candidate (please post)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll  (Read 25116 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: July 06, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »

Ron Paul will win, because of his supporters strategies. Cain, Perry, Bachmann, Bolton, Pawlenty, and Santorum will do respectfully.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »

So wait, if Perry doesn't announce his candidacy in the next four days, he won't be able to get onto the ballot?
He doesn't have to publically declare, but he needs to make his intentions clear within the party.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »

1) I don't think Paul is winning anything (apart from the CPAC fluke) other than Internet polls.

2 flukes 2 years in a row?

Trust me, he is running a serious campaign to win this straw poll. They are making calls all over to identify supporters and have invested into buses to get them from every county in the state to show up. Just the other day the GOP Chairman of Story county (the location of Ames) endorsed Paul which will help as well. Plus it is not like he is polling at 1% or 2%, he is up there with the rest them in a lot of polls. I wouldn't be so quick to assume he won't win.
Ron Paul has a strong chance of winning, and stronger chance of second place, and at least, guarenteed 3rd.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »

The 2 Fred Karger voters better own up now lol.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 01:45:42 PM »

lol Paul wants the troops home from all over the world so they spend money in America to boost the economy
How is that funny. We would spend twice as less as we do on the pointless wars in Iraq, Libya, and Yemen. I disagree with Afghanistan, we shouldnt leave quite this soon..
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 02:16:21 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2011, 02:18:40 PM by Imperial Speaker Sanchez »

lol Paul wants the troops home from all over the world so they spend money in America to boost the economy
How is that funny. We would spend twice as less as we do on the pointless wars in Iraq, Libya, and Yemen. I disagree with Afghanistan, we shouldn't leave quite this soon..

The fact that this is his reasoning, to become an isolated nation that blocks our borders with military, that leaves EVERY military base in the world. That we should bring soldiers home, so they can spend their money in America. The purpose of having a military is to be ready for war, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want another Pearl Harbor in 30 years and have no bases around the world to reach threats to the nation. I personally like us not having to fight wars on our own soil, eliminating threats before they reach the country. And for someone who just gave a speech that you can't have liberty without life, he sure seems to not care about humanity that isn't a citizen of our country.
I think it would be more humane to stop bombing countries, killing innocent civilians. Face it, we helped to raise a generation of Arabs who will hate us. And it is our fault. Were not going to have another Pearl Harbor, first of all. War has changed since 1941. Alot. The game Homefront is not real. North Korea, Russia, Iran, or even China cant occupy the United States. It will never happen. They can ruin us with nukes, they can cyber attack us, but we cant be occupied. I wont wake up to find Palm Beach County overrun with Russian tanks..

Iran can get a nuke, and I wouldn't care. Why? Because they are not stupid. They wouldn't dare give it to terrorist. If they did, I would support, and Ron Paul would support, a invasion. If Iran nuked Israel, they would have Israels 300 nuclear weapons destroying them in minutes. Even if this scenario does happen, its not our problem one way or the other. We can totally withdrawl from the Middle East, drill our own oil, and let Israel wipe the floor with Iran. We don't need to be their at all.

We can put the US army on the border, stopping the only real invasion we face (the onslaught of illegals) and keep an eye on the drug war. If Mexico gives us permission, I wouldn't mind sending a few troops in to help out. We also could pull out NAFTA, the number one cause of illegal immigration and poverty in Mexico, and engage in healthy, fair trade. Through defense cuts, we also could use the money we gain through the eventual surplus to help rebuild Haiti, and open trade with Cuba, and do all sorts of good for our South American allies.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »

Too many....
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 02:48:38 PM »

McCotter really doesnt care for China.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »

Lots of speculation that Paul may be the winner Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 05:45:07 PM »

We almost did it...Wow, Santorum is saved, Gingrich is finished.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »

Wow, pretty close. The Paul people will be crying foul, no doubt.
Im a Paul supporter, but I dont see how the ballot could be stuffed, with it being so close. So one will bitch and moan, but we have to get over it, we still did better then last time Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »

I think Pawlenty is in it for the entire ordeal.  I don't think he'll drop out until after he gets under 5% in both Iowa and New Hampshire (and I firmly believe that that will happen).

Well, he's pretty much the Richardson of this cycle so that's a reasonable preiction.  Looks good on paper and clicking on no cylinders.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 07:27:32 PM »

So it's the original, authentically Libertarian Tea Party candidate, vs the opportunistic, "Tea Party" ultra-right-wing reactionary Republican candidate?
Yea, basically. You hit the nail on the head. I got heckled at the Trump rally for being a Paul supporter. Apparently, since were not pro Israel, were "Liberul".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies