January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:02:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 139971 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 21, 2021, 06:33:56 PM »

Bush-Cheney, Biden-Harris. I'm glad that we've moved from blurring the lines to just admitting they don't exist. Just remember: they hate you.
F**k off seriously. Anyone comparing 2000 to 2020 is either a dumbass, a jackass or both
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 06:54:39 PM »

So if he'd been in the crowd beating up cops with his supporters you'd still like him?
No, if he marched to the Capitol, said his piece, and those gathered pressured the certification to be delayed for a day (remember - Bannon, Cruz and Hawley just wanted a day for floor debate) while remaining outside of the building, it becomes one of the great moments in American history.

Instead he let things get out of control in his absence and bears responsibility.

There was no good reason to delay the certification. He lost.

What do you mean by pressure? You wanted the crowd to threaten Congress with violence? That's pretty sick.
He’s a transparent fascist
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:11:24 PM »

What do you mean by pressure? You wanted the crowd to threaten Congress with violence? That's pretty sick.
Politicians aren't gods. Bernie had a similar line which was part of why I voted for, volunteered for, and donated to him in 2016. He spoke constantly about the need for millions and millions of people to march to DC and force Congress to pass his agenda. Bernie, like Trump, eventually exposed himself as a coward

If everybody is a fascist, nobody is, and words lose meaning.
So all of the lawsuits, recounts etc. weren't enough for you? 1-90(?) in court, unanimous rejection by SCOTUS etc?

Also, another day of floor debate would not have changed a single vote, it would only have postponed the inevitable. Unless of course your definition of "pressure" includes violence which I'm beginning to think it might...
Lawsuits and recounts? The lawfare game is a losing one. If a system is broken, the only way to expose it is by airing it for the public to see.

The Republican party of 1980-2014 was garbage because it sold its soul to the Federalist Society. That's why "mah courts" was always a tired refrain. If Ford wins in 76 and America never makes the Reagan Mistake we are much better off today. Obama and Trump (even if both ended up cowards and sold out) were reactions to Reagan's neoliberalism.
Not everyone is fascist. Just people like you who wanted Trump to become a dictator and wanted it achieved via violence as you clearly hint at throughout
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 09:39:14 PM »

Ah, so you are a devoted cultist.  Thank you for clarifying, and confirming that you very much the lowest of low information voters.
I'm not a cultist, I voted for Donald Coward Trump and Mike Traitor Pence twice and regret it. Won't a third time. Live and learn.
You literally are only upset with Trump because he didn’t do more to violently overthrow our democracy
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 10:21:24 PM »

You literally are only upset with Trump because he didn’t do more to violently overthrow our democracy
(1) If I think multiple states had questionable results, how is that wanting to overthrow democracy?
(2) I literally said I believe if Trump didn't abscond the violence doesn't happen.
(3) I had issues with Trump pandering to the religious right to begin with, just ceased tolerating.
Because we have had numerous audits of the state results that showed everything was on the up so the fact that even after proof was given that nothing fool was afoot you still wanted the results overturn shows you hate democracy
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 10:56:40 PM »

(1) If I think multiple states had questionable results, how is that wanting to overthrow democracy?
(2) I literally said I believe if Trump didn't abscond the violence doesn't happen.
(3) I had issues with Trump pandering to the religious right to begin with, just ceased tolerating.
Because we have had numerous audits of the state results that showed everything was on the up so the fact that even after proof was given that nothing fool was afoot you still wanted the results overturn shows you hate democracy
The audits are immaterial. I want a public debate of the changes in election laws in PA and GA. I don’t expect either to be overturned, but Cruz, Hawley et al deserved to be afforded the opportunity to present their cases in each state. What would the harm have been? I would support the same in 2016 which had a more certain outcome, and certainly a year like 2000.
You judged the fraudulent levels of 2020 based on the tipping point margin. Well the tipping point state in 2016 was .7% while the 2020 was .6%, so thanks for showing how transparent of a partisan hack you are about this issue even by your ridiculous standards
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 11:15:42 PM »

You judged the fraudulent levels of 2020 based on the tipping point margin. Well the tipping point state in 2016 was .7% while the 2020 was .6%, so thanks for showing how transparent of a partisan hack you are about this issue even by your ridiculous standards
It was more certain because the democrats spent years litigating the election in multiple branches of federal government, and were unable to produce evidence that their claim (foreign interference by Russia) was decisive in the outcome.

In 2020, there has not yet been an autopsy of the changes in terms of voter registration and ballot laws.
Again we have audited the state results multiple times that show everything was fine at this points the only autopsy left is if the changes help lead to the higher turnout which if that is what your complaining about begs the question of why you would object to being called a democracy hater because that is what you would be
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 07:10:29 AM »

Again we have audited the state results multiple times that show everything was fine at this points the only autopsy left is if the changes help lead to the higher turnout which if that is what your complaining about begs the question of why you would object to being called a democracy hater because that is what you would be
In the two states I mentioned above:

GA - Automatic voter registration is an issue. I actually support this in a vacuum, since I think the benefits of enfranchisement outweigh the potential for voter fraud. However I think we should have an honest discussion about the features and flaws of this measure. While I believe HR1 is a bad act overall, AVR, if the process is a lot cleaner and residency is closely monitored, can be a useful system.

PA - Having vote-by-mail but *not* in-person early voting skewed the early voting results to a ridiculous degree. In other comparable states (WI, IA, OH, MI, etc.) where there was both in-person early voting and vote by mail, Biden didn't achieve a 2:1 voting margin in a single state. In Pennsylvania, Biden got something like 86% of the early vote, statewide.

To expand upon this, Act 77 which expanded vote-by-mail was passed in 2019, however sweeping changes were passed in an amendment in late March 2020. Part of this including removing the in-person early voting workaround that existed. As we all know, republicans performed significantly better in the in-person early vote compared to the vote by mail. So I'm not advocating for less ballot access, but more, and not tipping the scale (whether inadvertently or intentionally with sinister motives).

GA has two republican state houses and a republican governor, and PA has two republican houses with a democratic governor so this isn't a partisan issue. It's a matter of bad laws.
So you aren’t alleging corruption but that the rules made it easier for democrats to run up margins. So again you just hate democracy so thanks for admitting to it 👍
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 11:05:41 AM »

I'm glad US Capitol Police Sergeant Aquilino Gonell isn't walking a beat in the Bronx.  Roll Eyes
This post is bad and you should feel bad
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 01:59:37 PM »

Maybe this is totally out of line, but something I thought of while watching some clips on Twitter this morning...if he would have any interest (and even aligns this way), should Democrats try to recruit Michael Fanone to run for office? I mean, I'm not sure where he's from originally (if it's not DC, but the accent is difficult to pin down) but he would be a great face for the party and he seems to be genuinely motivated by the horror he went through.

Are you literally trying to push /pol/ to execute daily 1/6s? Because electing cops who were present at 1/6 is how you push /pol/ to execute daily 1/6s.

It would be the end of America.

In what way is electing him incitement of terrorist filth? Because they'll get mad we're not pretending they didn't attempt to overthrow our democracy and assassinate its leaders? "Stand up to us and we'll try to lynch and rape members of your government more?"

The terrorists are already going to try again the next time they lose an election. If they attack earlier because they're offended we're not bending and spreading, genuine Americans will be ready to defend out government and put them down.

We need more patriots in office, instead of terrorist sympathizing Republicans.

Because some people are losing so much faith in America right now that they're considering terrorism in response? Instigating them may not be a smart idea.

They didn't lose faith in America

/pol/ users daily admit to loving the idea of America but only hating it/supporting violence because they feel that their chances at individual happiness and success have been stripped away. One of the people who died of a heart attack on 1/6 was a lifetime union member and Obama 08/12 voter whose job was shipped to China.

The insurrectionists treating real Americans like subhumans will not be solved by real Americans treating the insurrectionists like subhumans. (though I still believe that those found guilty of physically assaulting officers do deserve the death penalty/life imprisonment as to set an example)

Running 1/6 officers as Democratic candidates will be the equivalent of holding a dog bone in front of a rabid pitbull's face. They are going to do what you've forced them to do.
/pol/ users are neo-nazi and 14 year old edgelords 🙄
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 04:57:52 PM »

Big Abraham triggered

Look up two replies above yours.
Whoops lol
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2021, 08:38:31 AM »

Rwers love to say that all liberals do is call them racist but quite frankly I don’t know how one could objectively look at how Trump and certain rw posters here have reacted to what happened Ashlii Babbitt verses their reaction to the numerous cases involving unarmed black people killed by cops (for doing a hell of a lot less than Ashlii Babbitt did) and not come way with the impression that these people are in fact racist?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2022, 12:33:22 AM »

I don’t think think there is a better summary of everything wrong with the political/voting culture in this country then the fact that substance wise the 01/06th committee is probably the most damning investigation into a president and nobody gives a crap
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2022, 12:45:31 AM »

I don’t think think there is a better summary of everything wrong with the political/voting culture in this country then the fact that substance wise the 01/06th committee is probably the most damning investigation into a president and nobody gives a crap

Yelling about Russia for 5 years had its cost.
If I started telling you that Trump is a neocon would you stop gaslighting on Russiagate?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2022, 12:58:21 AM »

If I started telling you that Trump is a neocon would you stop gaslighting on Russiagate?

I'd tell you to stop beating the dead horse of Russia, but it's been pulverized years ago.
I didn’t bring Russia up, you did so who is actually beating a dead horse here? 🧐
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2022, 01:58:25 AM »

I'd tell you to stop beating the dead horse of Russia, but it's been pulverized years ago.
I didn’t bring Russia up, you did so who is actually beating a dead horse here? 🧐

My point is that it's a large part of why no one takes these investigations seriously.
“It’s all you mainstream Dems fault and the fact that supposed leftist like me, Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi, Katie Hapler, and others spent the past 5 years running defense for Trump on this and his other scandals even though there is more evidence of his guilt on this then half of the crap we dragged Hillary Clinton on played no role at all.”
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2022, 11:31:54 AM »

LPT: Having jfern on ignore is necessary to make browsing the forum tolerable.

But he's not wrong.  Russia Russia Russia 24/7/365 makes people tune out, and they're clearly tuned out with the 01/06 committee.
Except for the problem that Trump was guilty in Russiagate, his campaign did have a relationship with the Russian hackers that he was aware of and he did fire Comey to obstruct the investigation. So you are arguing “It’s your fault for investigating something Trump is guilty of for why no is taking seriously something Trump is guilty of”. Do you realize how absurd that is?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 11:47:05 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2022, 11:51:49 AM by Hindsight was 2020 »

But he's not wrong.  Russia Russia Russia 24/7/365 makes people tune out, and they're clearly tuned out with the 01/06 committee.

Who would know that crying wolf would have a side effects, hehe.
Except Russiagate wasn’t “crying wolf” it was wolf attacks and boy cried about it but the wolf killed some rival farmer sheep that benefited the one of the hunters so they and another hunter that held a petty grudge again the same farmer got together to convince the rest of the hunters that the boy was lying so they wouldn’t come when the wolf came back
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2022, 12:03:38 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2022, 12:07:05 PM by Hindsight was 2020 »

But he's not wrong.  Russia Russia Russia 24/7/365 makes people tune out, and they're clearly tuned out with the 01/06 committee.
Except for the problem that Trump was guilty in Russiagate, his campaign did have a relationship with the Russian hackers that he was aware of and he did fire Comey to obstruct the investigation. So you are arguing “It’s your fault for investigating something Trump is guilty of for why no is taking seriously something Trump is guilty of”. Do you realize how absurd that is?

Guilty?  I didn't see any convictions, but okay.  Bob Mueller let the air out of every Russian balloon in D.C. and people are done with these nothingburger commissions.
That is next level gaslighting seriously. Manafort, Stone or the dozen Russian hackers indicted ring a bell?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2022, 11:40:27 AM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2022, 10:55:14 AM »

Did anyone not assume this stuff was going on?

Judging by the responses from people TRAITORS like Fuzzy Bear, Grumps, etc they simply don’t care.

FTFY.  I would not have reported your consistency as a personal attack.

Am I wrong though?

Oh just string us up like Benedict Arnold and call it a day.
You snark on him but you guys clearly don’t actually love this country in the way you guys like to present as considering you hold the democracy that is supposed to be the cornerstone of our nation completely in contempt
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2022, 01:07:44 PM »

Aure would be nice if anyone prosecuted these people

For?

I thought this sham panel was investigating a riot, not recount lawsuits from a month prior.
It really is unbelievably creepy that these people try to destroy our democracy and your general attitude of the situation seems to be “So? Lol who cares”
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2022, 02:03:11 PM »

Aure would be nice if anyone prosecuted these people

For?

I thought this sham panel was investigating a riot, not recount lawsuits from a month prior.
It really is unbelievably creepy that these people try to destroy our democracy and your general attitude of the situation seems to be “So? Lol who cares”

Lol. As much as you like to pretend 200 morons breaking a book shelf and rubbing poop on the walls of the capitol during a riot is literally trying to literally destroy literally democracy literally, its not. Its just one of 600 riots that occurred within a year of the covid outbreak. And again, thats referencing the capitol riot, not random legal strategies from November seeking recounts, which is what I was addressing.

Again, its the 1/6 Commission, so why are we talking about stuff unrelated to the riot? You are right, lol who cares about recount lawsuits.
Are you really so obtuse you don’t see how Trump and his allies trying to come up with schemes to overturn the election and then these exact people egging on a riot that stormed the capital in an attempt to overturn the election might be linked to each other? 🙄
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2022, 09:38:40 AM »

I think a rerun of Friends might get better ratings than the J6 committee gets in primetime.

Last night was watched by 20 million Americans, which beats the original airing of most episodes of Friends and easily beats the number of *weekly* viewers it had in syndication.

Okay but ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX and the other networks who aired it combined certainly have more than 20 million viewers during the hearing hours.
Cope
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2022, 12:23:02 PM »

Unless we get a meeting of someone raising concerns of violence happening at the rally to Trump and he condones that outcome then this won’t change anything
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies