ME-02: Poliquin in denial (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:09:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-02: Poliquin in denial (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-02: Poliquin in denial  (Read 65962 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: August 27, 2017, 01:53:06 AM »

Poliquin's seat is one of those seats that Dems NEED to pick-up if they have ANY shot at winning the house.

Not really.   It's very rural and extremely white.   I wouldn't call this a prime pickup opportunity. 

Rural New England whites =/= other rural whites.  Come on man.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 01:29:28 AM »

So...what's the status here? How many votes are left to count, and does Golden have a good chance of pulling ahead after the RCV? I'd really like to win this one.

Golden seems almost certain to win. The third party candidates told their voters to pref Golden 2nd.
He should just run for Senate in 2020 too. I don’t honk he’d survive a challenge in ME-2 as it is

Wait, you think he would probably lose reelection in 2020, but should run for Senate anyway?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 01:32:29 AM »

So...what's the status here? How many votes are left to count, and does Golden have a good chance of pulling ahead after the RCV? I'd really like to win this one.

Golden seems almost certain to win. The third party candidates told their voters to pref Golden 2nd.
He should just run for Senate in 2020 too. I don’t honk he’d survive a challenge in ME-2 as it is

Wait, you think he would probably lose reelection in 2020, but should run for Senate anyway?

Yeah, (relatively) low risk, high reward. Winning a Senate seat that you have a limited shot of is much more valuable than a House seat you have limited shot of

What makes you think he would lose reelection, though?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 01:36:56 AM »

Yeah, (relatively) low risk, high reward. Winning a Senate seat that you have a limited shot of is much more valuable than a House seat you have limited shot of

What makes you think he would lose reelection, though?

Trump will easily win here in 2020

I don't know why you say "easily."  It may be white and rural, but it's still in New England.

If Trump loses, I certainly don't see him carrying ME-02.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies