United Kingdom: Elect a head of state or Retain a Monarchy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:00:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom: Elect a head of state or Retain a Monarchy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the UK elect a President as the head of state and become a Republic, or keep the Monarch as the head of state?
Elect a President

Keep The Royal Family

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: United Kingdom: Elect a head of state or Retain a Monarchy  (Read 10106 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: September 23, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »

Oh, you wanna have a president??

-wish I understand, damn giving so much money and even some power of representation to some people just because they are born here and period, damn, yes, monarchy is really out of time-

So, pay really attention to the institutions you will choose...

(advice from a French...)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:44:16 PM »

I'll stand up for Her Majesty here.  I'm somewhat supportive of Commonwealth countries becoming Republics, but not Britain herself.

I think that those of you who are so quick to throw the monarchy under the bus need to look at the horror that is overtaking American politics in regards to our Presidency.  The deep polarization that started in the Nixon era and continues to this day is getting worse by the minute.  The rabid vultures on the far-left and far-right demand accountability from their party-mates to their prejudices, fears, and vile hatreds.  

Having a non-elected non-political head of state that represents the nation itself would seem like a refreshing change compared to the radical polarization of American political discourse.

(For the record, this doesn't mean that I am not advocating that America have a monarch Smiley)

Again, German model.

Among what already exists and what I know that may be my favorite.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies