Would you have supported Israel's creation in 1948? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 10:42:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Would you have supported Israel's creation in 1948? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you have supported Israel's creation in 1948?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Would you have supported Israel's creation in 1948?  (Read 12768 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:04:22 AM »

Yes, of course. Every people deserves its own State, all the more when you consider what happened to this people in particular.

Netanyahu and the bunch of idiots who govern with him have absolutely nothing to do with the original zionist movement, which was perfectly fairn and legitimate.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »

Yes, of course. Every people deserves its own State, all the more when you consider what happened to this people in particular.

Netanyahu and the bunch of idiots who govern with him have absolutely nothing to do with the original zionist movement, which was perfectly fairn and legitimate.

This was fair and legitimate? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

The Irgun was a fringe extremist movement which had nothing to do with mainstream zionism. But you probably already knew that, and were just trying to make a fallacious point.

As a further evidence :
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 06:24:57 AM »

I really fail to understand how anybody can be so blinded by his (legitimate) hate of current Israeli government to the point of denying them the right to exist. It's totally moronic. I've always hated Bush with a passion, but never wished that USA would never have been created in 1787.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:31:10 AM »

Just to set the record straight:

1. There was no Palestinian state in 1948 (nor ever) so nothing was taken from anyone.
2. There was a lot of Jews in the area even before WWII, so they didn't get there because the state was created nor because of the Holocaust.

I always find it strange that the left in general is vehemently pro-immigration and considers it horribly racist to, say, argue that a large immigration of Mexicans into the US or of Arabs to Europe constitutes a threat to Western society, but yet, at the same time, thinks that Jews should not have been allowed to migrate into Israel during the 20s and 30s and that, even though this migration was legal and allowed by the authorities it was somehow deeply unethical.

Given what happened in 1937, 1948 and onwards it is pretty clear that another holocaust of Jews was the only realistic alternative to creating the state of Israel.

^^^^ Thanks for summing up what I think Smiley

I really fail to understand how anybody can be so blinded by his (legitimate) hate of current Israeli government to the point of denying them the right to exist. It's totally moronic. I've always hated Bush with a passion, but never wished that USA would never have been created in 1787.

The U.S.A. was created in 1776, not 1787.

Roll Eyes The USA started to exist in 1787. I we were to take the Declaration of Independence as the beginning of the US history, then you can also say that Israel was created with the first Zionist manifesto.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »

And once again you are confusing the Zionist movement with a fringe fascist clique. Ignorance or intellectual dishonesty ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 05:17:46 AM »

Maybe it would have been possible to have some sort of Jewish-Arab state, if not for the Arabs attacking Israel.

LOL what? So Israel first steals land and becomes powerful, then they want to negotiate? Pretty dick move, I would say.

There already was a culture of Jewish/Arab coexistence in that land before the crazier zionists moved in and tried to establish a Jewish state. That was the right time to create a Palestinian state of Jews as well as Arabs.

Here's a compromise. How about Jews and Arabs both live there peacefully under Turkish rule?

Turkish rule? Haha.

It's a good idea. Things were calmer there when the Turks ruled Palestine.

Yeah, colonialism is so great !
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies